Reporting to the Director of Enrollment Marketing (DEM) within the Office of Marketing & Communications, the Marketing Manager (MM) is responsible for strategic marketing communications focused on growing undergraduate enrollment and increasing engagement with key target audiences including prospective and admitted students, their families, school counselors, and other influential populations.
The Marketing Manager contributes to the development and refinement of comprehensive, segmented marketing and communication plans that incorporate multi-channel messaging across the admission lifecycle. The position oversees and manages the creation, execution, and optimization of marketing channels and mediums including, but not limited to email, social, web, print, video, and content and ensures that all marketing reflects consistent and timely on-brand messages.
This role serves as the liaison to and primary contact for the Office of Undergraduate Admission, College of Arts and Sciences, and other internal stakeholders as it relates to undergraduate enrollment and school-based marketing communications efforts. The ideal candidate combines a strong marketing foundation, strong project management and presentation skills, and an ability to productively collaborate with key stakeholders across the university.
- Work collaboratively within a cross-functional team environment to execute on integrated marketing plans designed to drive undergraduate enrollment goals, support new academic program launches, and raise visibility and awareness of Suffolk University and its schools.
- Plan and manage the production of marketing and communications materials and assets, including, but not limited to direct mail, print/digital collateral, email communications, web content, social media, video, and advertising.
- Implement key marketing activity in support of in-person and virtual undergraduate admission events, including open houses, admitted student events, and transfer-specific events.
- Create and manage project/production schedules and approval cycles, and ensure all deliverables are on-time, on-budget, and on-brand.
- Partner closely with Undergraduate Admission to execute direct marketing initiatives within the undergraduate enrollment CRM including identifying target audiences, monitoring campaign metrics and performance, optimizing campaigns, and increasing engagement.
- Support and maintain relationships and related content through 3rd party vendors and external college search websites including Naviance, Niche, Petersons, Cappex, etc.
- Collaborate with the AVP, Marketing & Brand and DEM on key audience-focused digital marketing initiatives aligned with the undergraduate enrollment funnel including but not limited to search engine marketing, digital display, audio/video streaming, remarketing/retargeting, and paid social.
- Work with the DEM, Director of Website Experience & Digital Strategy, Director of Undergraduate Admission, and other University stakeholders to maintain and update content on core undergraduate admissions, academic program, and other relevant pages on suffolk.edu. Ensure accurate, compelling, and dynamic content is front-and-center with clear CTAs aligned with user behavior.
- Represent OMC at undergraduate admission meetings and keep key stakeholders informed of current and planned marketing activity.
- Work with the DEM and Director of Undergraduate Admission to review data and performance of efforts on a regular basis to optimize marketing and communications strategies.
- Keep abreast of emerging higher education market trends, audience preferences, and advancements in technology to keep marketing approaches relevant, competitive, and leading edge.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communication, or related field; master’s degree preferred
- Good eye for design, attentive to best practices, and strong understanding of brand consistency and its importance; ability to effectively manage creative projects and articulate actionable feedback
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously, adapt to changing priorities, and operate in a fast-paced work environment
- Strong organization, project management, and time management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a creative team
- Strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Fluent in marketing analytics tools and CRM solutions is strongly desired
- 3+ years of professional experience in a marketing or similar role; preferably in higher education.
Suffolk University does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, age, genetic information, or status as a veteran in admission to, access to, treatment in, or employment in its programs, activities, or employment. As an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer, the University is dedicated to the goal of building a diverse and inclusive faculty and staff that reflect the broad range of human experience who contribute to the robust exchange of ideas on campus, and who are committed to teaching and working in a diverse environment. We strongly encourage applications from groups historically marginalized or underrepresented because of race/color, gender, religious creed, disability, national origin, veteran status or LGBTQ status. Suffolk University is especially interested in candidates who, through their training, service and experience, will contribute to the diversity and excellence of the University community.