SBS Graduate Program Administrator
Do you want to have an impact? Do you enjoy working as part of an innovative and action-oriented team? The Sawyer Business School Graduate Programs Office is excited to announce an opportunity to work with a stellar team of staff and faculty positively impacting students’ lives and their educational goals. You will be in the hub of the action providing cutting edge events, crafting the social media presence, and engaging with students on a daily basis. You will be responsible for ensuring outstanding customer service to all stakeholders- prospective students, students, alumni, SBS graduate program team members and SBS faculty-while providing proactive, timely, and thorough support and social media activities to the SBS graduate programs team.
The goal of the SBS Graduate Programs Office is to deliver a transformative experience for every student. The SBS Graduate Programs Administrator is the first point of contact for the SBS Graduate Programs Office. This role contributes to the University’s various Strategic Plan 2025 goals including student engagement/community, integrated education, career readiness, reputation, and student retention activities for new and continuing students.
This hybrid schedule position reports directly to the SBS Assistant Dean of Graduate Programs and the Associate Dean of Innovative Education and Programs. You will also work closely with the SBS graduate administrative and academic program directors.
- Prior work experience or strong interest in a social media, marketing support role and/or office administration. Undergraduate degree preferred but not required.
- Demonstrated commitment to building relationships that enable a high level of internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Event planning experience from creating cutting edge and innovative events to managing all facets of logistics, promotion and day of activities.
- Must be creative and proactive, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and handle difficult situations.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal), problem-solving, time-management, analytical and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated computer skills utilizing MS Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook). Aptitude, direct experience with or willingness to learn technologies such as Constant Contact, Eventbrite, Qualtrics, Teams and Zoom (preferred).
- Ability to manage relationships across multiple levels within and external to organization.
- Time management skills and analytical skills essential.
- Standard hours of this position are 8:45am to 4:45 pm, M-F, however ability to keep flexible hours to support program objectives, including occasional evening and weekends, is necessary.
- May require travel locally and domestically. Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to lift 30 pounds.
- Cover letter must be included to be seriously considered.
- Position operates on hybrid schedule
Suffolk University does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, age, genetic information, or status as a veteran in admission to, access to, treatment in, or employment in its programs, activities, or employment. Suffolk University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. The University is dedicated to the goal of building a diverse and inclusive faculty and staff that reflect the broad range of human experience who contribute to the robust exchange of ideas on campus, and who are committed to teaching and working in a diverse environment. We strongly encourage applications from groups historically marginalized or underrepresented because of race/color, gender, religious creed, disability, national origin, veteran status or LGBTQ status. Suffolk University is especially interested in candidates who, through their training, service and experience, will contribute to the diversity and excellence of the University community.