Supply Chain Specialist - Canada
Supply Chain Specialist - Canada
This position is responsible for the distribution of goods to maximize profit, increasing efficiencies of partners and stores through training, and coordinating with stores, RSCM, partners to ensure seamless and timely flow of goods. They work as the primary liaison for both stores and the logistics functions of local non-profit partner network.
Essential Job Functions:
- Independently analyze, prioritize, and provide recommendations of types of product that maximize store operating profit through supply.
- Troubleshoots and coordinates support for the day-to-day business partnerships with stores, team members, Non-Profits, Vendors, and external customers to build and maintain collaborative relationships.
- Provide comprehensive training for Non-Profit Partners and internal team members.
- Establish, teach, and review all relevant policies and procedures including Supply Source Yield, SOH Forecaster Tool, CDC standards, etc., to minimize legal exposure and supply chain/material handling costs and maximize product margin.
- Prepare and assist in writing business plans for Non-Profit Collection Programs that include all aspects of the collection of clothing and household operation.
- Interact with partners to facilitate and accelerate getting marketing approvals from Partners.
- Coordinate distribution of product and schedules through Dedicated Delivery Plan and IMT to maximize efficiencies and control costs.
- Complete audit for store and logistic locations to ensure accurate paperwork and partner payments and policies and procedures are abided by.
- Conducts analysis and makes business recommendations based on audit findings and results to management.
- Track Partner performance to contractual agreement.
- Resolve delivery discrepancies between the stores and partners to ensure proper monies paid and avoid excessive cost.
- Other functions may be assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work independently and without direct supervision.
- Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines, and multi-task with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate self-prioritization, analytical, forecasting and trouble shooting skills.
- Ability to compile, prepare and provide data in a clear and accurate format.
- Advanced knowledge of day-to-day household collection.
- Expert level computer skills of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Demonstrate organization skills.
- Highly detail oriented.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Ability to identify needs and recommend solutions
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work within the Savers culture and interact with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to establish relationships with peers, internal and external customers, non-profit partners, and vendors. Ability to maintain confidentiality of information.
Minimum Required Education, Training and Experience:
- Experience in similar jobs with heavy data analysis with one to three years’ experience
- Ability to travel in various geographical areas 30 to 50% of the time, ability to work flexible schedule that could require early morning or evening timeframes
- Ability to lift and carry up to 40 lbs.
- Ability to bend, raise hands above head, and navigate getting on and off a delivery truck
Tools and Equipment Used:
- Cell phone
- Inventory software
- 25% to 35% required for the role.
- Remote/Work from home - Canada
Page 1 of 2
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.