Area Development Manager
Pay range: $77,193.00 - $114,247.00
Who we are:
As one of the largest for-profit thrift operators in the United States, Canada and Australia for value priced pre-owned clothing, accessories and household goods, our mission is to champion reuse and inspire a future where secondhand is second nature. We supply our stores with gently-used, one-of-a-kind items that have been donated by the community to local nonprofit organizations. We purchase these items directly from our nonprofit partners, redirecting billions of pounds of used items away from landfills and on to our store racks and shelves for reuse, and providing our partners with valuable funding for their community-based programs and services. You’ll often hear us say that we are “Thrift Proud.” It’s the millions of loyal customers who visit our 300+ stores and our more than 22,000 team members that make it possible. Learn more about the Savers® family of thrift stores, our impact, and the #ThriftProud movement at savers.com.
Our brands are Savers (in the U.S.), 2nd Ave (in the U.S.), Value Village (in the U.S. and Canada), Unique (in the U.S.), Village des Valeurs (in Quebec) and Savers Australia.
· The opportunity to celebrate uniqueness. We are made up of people from many different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives, all with something special to contribute.
· To work in a purpose-driven company, with a business model that people love for our impact on both the planet and local communities.
· An investment in the career path interests of our people. With our aggressive store expansion plans, we recognize the importance of the continued growth and development of our team members.
What you get:
Comprehensive onboarding and training from day one.
In-house expertise! Our training department / Savers University develops and delivers robust training to every team member across our organization — from new hires to senior executives. We develop around 90% of our training internally, and partner with a variety of renowned providers to supplement our offerings.
· Comprehensive extended health care plans for full-time Team Members
· Company-Paid Life and AD&D Insurance
· A Group Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP) with a generous company matching provision to assist you in saving for a secure financial future.
· Paid time off from work for leisure or other hobbies
· A range of mental health services to assist you in managing daily life.
What you’ll be working on:
The ADM reports to Regional Area Development Manager. The ADM is responsible for strategically developing & growing merchandise supply in the territory through the FUNDrive program. ADM will be responsible for lead-generation to develop relationships with non-profit organizations to meet supply needs. This work will be accomplished by the ADM meeting territory goals, while managing and creating accountability for Market Associate (MA) reports to obtain their specified goals. The ADM will be responsible for developing strong relationships with operations, RSCM teams, and local non-profit organizations. The ADM will be skilled at building and maintaining relationships, interacting with a diversity of personalities and perspectives. This person projects a highly credible and polished image in presentations, sales, and speaks effectively and persuasively. The ADM is a self-starter, requiring no supervision, while being aligned with Saver’s vision and core values.
Scope for position includes:
1) Community outreach strategy that builds awareness of our brand, identifies, and develops partnership opportunities to grow supply throughout the territory
2) Develops and helps organize strategies for nonprofit partners to earn revenue leveraging tools provided for them to execute FUNDrives
3) Grow each FUNDrive volume through influence and follow-up during and following each event
4) Collaborates on the selection of national events and leads the local activation
5) Supports the launch of new stores, building community connections, driving donations, and building awareness
6) Sales mindset, ability to recognize marketing opportunities to drive generation of leads
7) Partners with local non-profit partners on the development of referrals to enhance volume by building stronger partnerships
8) Partners with DMs and SM on ensuring stores adhere to FUNDrive standards and receipt of goods for the FUNDrive program
9) Coaches team toward a strong pipeline of large and small relationships. Superior customer contact management and organizational skills
10) Plans, tracks, and measures weekly and monthly results to access opportunities, adjust behaviors, to maximize success & reaffirm those which drive results.
What you have:
Required Education, Training and Experience:
· Bachelor’s Degree Required
· Minimum 5 years Sales, Management
· Marketing and Entrepreneurial experience a plus
· 2-3 years in the regional, multi-unit chain arena.
· Proficient in Office 365, CRM, Power BI
Value Village is committed to fair and accessible employment practices. Value Village will accommodate people with disabilities during the recruitment, assessment and hiring process by informing applicants that we will make reasonable accommodations available, upon request and through consultation with them, throughout the process. Value Village will review current recruitment policies, procedures, processes and communications methods and amend as necessary to reflect required accessibility standards.
Travel: Travel 1 -2 times a year for regional and/or national meetings
- Ability to travel to the United States
Work Type/Location: Remote work from home, Greater Toronto Area