Assistant Production Supervisor
Assistant Production Supervisor
- The opportunity to celebrate uniqueness. We are made up of people from many different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives, all with something special to contribute.
- To work in a purpose-driven company, with a business model that people love for our impact on both the planet and local communities.
- An investment in the career path interests of our people. With our aggressive store expansion plans, we recognize the importance of the continued growth and development of our team members.
- Comprehensive extended health care plans for full-time Team Members
- Company-Paid Life and AD&D Insurance
- A Group Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP) with a generous company matching provision to assist you in saving for a secure financial future
- Paid time off from work for leisure or other hobbies
- A range of mental health services to assist you in managing daily life
- Forklift Drivers
- Warehouse Worker
- Recycling Tractor Operator
Supports Value Village / Savers vision by directing all Shipping, Receiving, and Sorting, of goods. Assists Warehouse Supervisor in day to day operation of the department.
- Supervises and leads the Shipping and Receiving, Belts, Purses and Backpack and Vintage teams in the execution and delivery of services by training, coaching and mentoring staff.
- Coordinates the direction of all inbound and outbound rag inventory for storage and export/sale.
- Oversees quality control of stores inbound and customers outbound product.
- Establish working relationships with warehouse vendors and works with management when new vendors are required.
- Daily planning for TM’s and if needed, bringing in temporary workers to meet staffing requirements.
- Develops plans for efficient use of materials and machinery (conveyor, balers, forklifts and tractor/trailers).
- Monitors and reviews all equipment, procedures and practices to ensure proper safety and work conditions are met according to VVS / Savers policies and applicable provincial and federal laws.
- Participates on and leads department or company-wide projects in support of the company goals and objectives.
- Facilitates efficient use of warehouse space to warehouse and ship seasonal product.
- Coordinates the shipping of product.
- Assists management in TM reviews.
- Assists management in TM disciplinary actions including documenting incidents, conflict resolution and defining solutions.
- Ability to step into each supervisor role with short notice in order to meet daily warehouse product/shipping demand.
- Certified forklift operator
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of store operations
- Working knowledge of Provincial and VVS / Savers safety regulations and requirements
- Working knowledge of weighing disposal equations against recovery
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word and Outlook
- Working knowledge of the local area
- Demonstrated skills in supervision, management and leadership
- Demonstrated skills in inventory management
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Demonstrated organization skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of unloading shipping containers
- Ability to create reports and assign orders to appropriate locations
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers.
- Ability to interpret instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to interact with all levels of the organization
- Ability to make and influence decisions
- Ability to identify problems and recommend solutions
- Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and multi-task with minimal supervision
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing
- Ability to provide direction to customers
- Ability to participate on and lead projects
- Ability to work within VVS / Savers culture
Minimum Required Education, Training and Experience
- One to two years of warehouse supervisory experience or related supervisory experience that yields the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- 1 - 2 years in warehouse operations and production.
- Forklift Certification
- Lifting/carrying 50 lbs.
- Reaching overhead 30% of the time. Standing 100%
- Pushing/pulling 15-25 lbs. of force (to push/pull up to 1500 lb. rolling cart). Pushing/pulling 65%
- Bending/crouching 60% of the time
- Repetitive use of hands 70% of the time
- Grasping with hands 80% of the time
- Ability to operate large machine 50% of the time and ability to lift 500-950 lbs. with a hand truck
License or ability to obtain license as a Class A-Z Driver with Air Brakes
Tools and Equipment Used:
Forklift, Pallet Jack, Balers, and other heavy machinery