CDL Truck Driver
Pay Range: $25.00 to $31.25
Job Title: Truck Driver
Geographic & job eligibility rules may apply
Comprehensive coverage (medical/dental/vision) at a reasonable cost
Specialized health programs – Improve wellness (quit smoking, counseling, diabetes management, chronic joint pain)
Paid Time Off
- Actual amount based on position and hours worked
- Increases with length of service
- 40 to 80 hours annually
- Based on position and full-time/part-time status
- 6 paid holidays plus 1 to 2 additional floating holidays
Team member discounts
Up to 50% off store merchandise
Flexible spending accounts
Use pre-tax dollars for eligible health and day care expenses
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
A whole suite of free tools and resources to manage life’s challenges and maintain a healthy work-life balance
Company provided peace of mind and the option to purchase a supplemental plan
Performance Merit Increases
Who we are:
As one of the largest for-profit thrift operators in the United States, Canada and Australia for value priced pre-owned clothing, accessories and household goods, our mission is to champion reuse and inspire a future where secondhand is second nature. We supply our stores with gently-used, one-of-a-kind items that have been donated by the community to local nonprofit organizations. We purchase these items directly from our nonprofit partners, redirecting billions of pounds of used items away from landfills and on to our store racks and shelves for reuse, and providing our partners with valuable funding for their community-based programs and services. You’ll often hear us say that we are “Thrift Proud.” It’s the millions of loyal customers who visit our 300+ stores and our more than 22,000 team members that make it possible. Learn more about the Savers® family of thrift stores, our impact, and the #ThriftProud movement at savers.com.
Our brands are Savers (in the U.S.), 2nd Ave (in the U.S.), Value Village (in the U.S. and Canada), Unique (in the U.S.), Village des Valeurs (in Quebec) and Savers Australia.
What you can expect:
- The opportunity to celebrate uniqueness. We are made up of people from many different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives, all with something special to contribute.
- To work in a purpose-driven company, with a business model that people love for our impact on both the planet and local communities.
- An investment in the career path interests of our people. With our aggressive store expansion plans, we recognize the importance of the continued growth and development of our team members.
What you get:
Comprehensive onboarding and training from day one.
In-house expertise! Our training department / Savers University develops and delivers robust training to every team member across our organization — from new hires to senior executives. We develop around 90% of our training internally, and partner with a variety of renowned providers to supplement our offerings.
Benefits offerings including:
- Bundled health plans such as medical, Rx, dental and vision
- Company-paid life insurance for extra protection and peace of mind
- Programs to stop smoking, diabetes management coaching, and on demand care options.
- A 401k plan with generous company matching contributions to assist you in saving for a secure financial future.
- Paid time off from work for leisure or other hobbies.
- A range of mental health services to assist you in managing daily life.
What you’ll be working on:
Supports Savers vision by operating a tractor and trailer to area stores and swapping empty trailers for full. Drivers are responsible for completing daily truck log and daily truck and trailer inspections. Class A CDL is required to be considered for this position. 2-3 years’ experience driving a tractor trailer truck. 3-5 years clean driving record. No overnight or over the road long schedules. Ability to consistently/daily lift up to 70lbs. Ability to push or pull pallet jack.
Essential Job Functions:
· Safely maneuver and operate a tractor trailer truck through city streets and tights spaces
· Complete daily store transfers and pickups of clothing and other hard goods
· Understand local streets and complete routes and any other assigned stops efficiently
· Understand how to use and follow GPS directions
· Complete all required daily paperwork including vehicle inspection, delivery reports and maintenance forms
· Assist other drivers with workload when needed
· Responsible for ensuring that trucks and trailers are clean, swept and ready for use at the start of another shift
· Checks vehicles to ensure proper safety and work conditions are in compliance with Savers policies and State laws
· Employment is conditional on receiving a DOT Medical Card, passing a pre-employment drug screen as well as having a Motor Vehicle Report without any violations or accidents within the last three years
· Perform other duties as assigned
What you have:
· Working knowledge of the assigned metro areas
· Working knowledge of DOT, OSHA, state and Savers safety regulations and requirements
· Demonstrate professional interpersonal relationship skills
· Demonstrated strong customer service skills
· Demonstrate skills showing initiative, personal responsibility, and accountability
· Must have prior driving experience, excellent knowledge of the roads in assigned area
· Strong working knowledge of managing two-way communications and operating GPS tools
· Demonstrated organization skills
· Demonstrated customer service skills
· Ability to operate a tractor trailer truck independently
· Ability to communicate orally and in writing
· Ability to create drivers logs and reports
· Ability to interpret instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
· Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines with flexibility, and multi-task with minimal direction
· Ability to be detailed-oriented
· Must have valid driver’s license
Minimum Required Education, Training and Experience:
· CDL/ Class A required to be considered for this position
· 2-3 years’ experience driving a tractor trailer truck
· 3-5 years clean driving record
· Ability to consistently/daily lift up to 70 lbs
· Ability to pull or push a pallet jack and carts
· Ability to stand and climb in and out of tractor and trailer frequently throughout the day
Travel: Related to position only within geographical area and essential functions or other areas as assigned
Work Type/Location: Varies on geographic area of role
Savers is an E-Verify employer