CDL A Tractor Trailer Driver
Puget Sound market
Pay Range: $25.00 to $31.25
Geographic & job eligibility rules may apply.
Healthcare Plans - Comprehensive coverage (medical/dental/vision) at a reasonable cost.
Specialized health programs - Improve wellness (quit smoking, counseling, diabetes management, chronic joint pain).
Paid Time Off
* Actual amount based on position and hours worked
* Increases with length of service
- Part-time = 20 to 40 hours annually
- Full-time = 40 to 80 hours annually
* Based on position and full-time/part-time status
- 6 paid holidays plus 1 to 2 additional floating holidays
Team member discounts - Up to 50% off store merchandise.
Flexible spending accounts - Use pre-tax dollars for eligible health and day care expenses.
Employee Assistance Program (EAP) - A whole suite of free tools and resources to manage life’s challenges and maintain a healthy work-life balance.
Life insurance - Company provided peace of mind and the option to purchase a supplemental plan.
Performance Merit Increases
Reports To: Recycling Receiving Supervisor
Supports Savers vision by operating a tractor and trailer to maintain and accomplish a daily delivery and pick-up truck route to supply the Distribution Center with goods to export.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Working knowledge Puget Sound, Washington area
- Working knowledge of OSHA and DOT regulations,
- Demonstrate organization skills
- Demonstrate customer service skills
- Ability to operate a tractor, dual trailers and up to a 53’ trailer with air brakes
- Ability to operate a forklift
- Ability to load and unload trailers
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing
- Ability to multi-task several incoming and outgoing truck loads at any given time
- Ability to create drivers logs and reports
- Ability to interpret and follow instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines with flexibility, and multi-task with minimal direction
- Ability to be detailed-oriented
- Ability to work within Savers culture
- Ability to follow company policies
Essential Job Functions:
- Delivers and picks up trailers and goods at the Puget Sound area Savers/Value Village stores, Store Support Center and other vendors’ stores according to a pre-determined route.
- Moves and spots trailers within the Fife Distribution Center yard according to specific instruction by the Recycling Receiving Supervisor.
- Creates bills of lading according to individual store pick-ups.
- Maintains and records information (log of hours) regarding truck maintenance and performance.
- Checks vehicles to ensure proper safety and work conditions are in compliance with Savers policies and Washington State laws.
- Learn and perform other duties within the DC operations
- Establish working relationships with each stores production supervisors and TM’s.
- Forklift experience loading/unloading.
Required Education, Training and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2 - 3 years experience driving with Class A Tractor with Air Brake Endorsement plus Duals
- Class A Drivers License with Air Brake Endorsement and current medical card
- 3 - 5 years clean driving record
- Forklift Certified
- Ability to lift up to 70 lbs
- Ability to pull or push a pallet jack
- Ability to operate a trailer jack assembly
Tools and Equipment Used:
- Tractor, trailers (mainly dry vans) Forklift, pallet jack or trailer jack assembly