Customer Service Lead
Job Title: Customer Service Lead
Who we are:
As one of the largest for-profit thrift operators in the United States, Canada and Australia for value priced pre-owned clothing, accessories and household goods, our mission is to champion reuse and inspire a future where secondhand is second nature. We supply our stores with gently-used, one-of-a-kind items that have been donated by the community to local nonprofit organizations. We purchase these items directly from our nonprofit partners, redirecting billions of pounds of used items away from landfills and on to our store racks and shelves for reuse, and providing our partners with valuable funding for their community-based programs and services. You’ll often hear us say that we are “Thrift Proud.” It’s the millions of loyal customers who visit our 300+ stores and our more than 22,000 team members that make it possible. Learn more about the Savers® family of thrift stores, our impact, and the #ThriftProud movement at savers.com.
Our brands are Savers (in the U.S.), 2nd Ave (in the U.S.), Value Village (in the U.S. and Canada), Unique (in the U.S.), Village des Valeurs (in Quebec) and Savers Australia.
What you can expect:
- The opportunity to celebrate uniqueness. We are made up of people from many different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives, all with something special to contribute.
- To work in a purpose-driven company, with a business model that people love for our impact on both the planet and local communities.
- An investment in the career path interests of our people. With our aggressive store expansion plans, we recognize the importance of the continued growth and development of our team members.
What you get:
Comprehensive onboarding and training from day one.
In-house expertise! Our training department / Savers University develops and delivers robust training to every team member across our organization — from new hires to senior executives. We develop around 90% of our training internally, and partner with a variety of renowned providers to supplement our offerings.
Benefits offerings including:
- Bundled health plans such as medical, Rx, dental and vision
- Company-paid life insurance for extra protection and peace of mind
- Programs to stop smoking, diabetes management coaching, and on demand care options.
- A 401k plan with generous company matching contributions to assist you in saving for a secure financial future.
- Paid time off from work for leisure or other hobbies.
- A range of mental health services to assist you in managing daily life.
What you’ll be working on:
Supports Savers vision by providing excellent donor service and positive support and training of ADS Ambassadors
Essential Job Functions:
- Performs all Essential Job Functions of the ADS Ambassador. Assumes lead duties, such as setting a commendable performance standard for the team
- Assists ADS Area Manager with on-the-job training of new Ambassadors and follow-up training with current Ambassadors
- Communicates site needs, personnel needs and personnel commendations to ADS Area Manager
- Works within assigned ADS Team to proactively plan for requested time off and unexpected absences
- Serves as first responder to assist or fill-in during peak donation periods or unfilled absences
- Other duties as assigned
What you have:
- Service-oriented with cheerful personality
- Ability to lead within a team environment
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Basic math skills
- Attention to cleanliness, organization and detail
- Capable of working independently with minimal supervision
- Willing and able to work a flexible schedule, as needs dictate
- Satisfactorily pass physical and background exams
Minimum Required Education, Training and Experience:
- High school degree or equivalent
- Experience in customer service
- Employment background demonstrating experience in working with minimal supervision
- Ability to lift up to 75 lbs frequently throughout the day
- Able and willing to safely, cautiously, and efficiently navigate work environment that may include large industrial machinery, heavy equipment and product, elevated and uneven surfaces, and heights, and moving forklifts.
Travel: Related to position only within geographical area and essential functions or other areas as assigned
Work Type/Location: Varies on geographic area of role
Savers is an E-Verify employer