Senior Project Manager (Data Management / Data Integration)
What makes us Qlik
Qlik helps enterprises around the world move faster, work smarter, and lead the way forward with an end-to-end solution for getting value out of data. A Gartner Magic Quadrant Leader for 11 years in a row! Our platform is the only one on the market that allows for open-ended, curiosity-driven exploration, giving everyone – at any skill level – the ability to make real discoveries that lead to real outcomes and transformative changes. We are a Values-Driven organization, operating over 100 countries with 45,000 customers around the world. If you think we are interesting, please read on – we may be looking for you!
The Qlik (Professional Services) Team
As part of the Professional Services organization, and our growing team, you will be in a unique position to impact the future direction the company takes. With approximately 45,000 customers worldwide you will have access to a rich user community to help inform your decisions. Our highly collaborative environment means you will be working with a diverse group of talented people continuously innovating and improving.
Professional Services is dedicated to the success of our customers and partners. The Professional Services team ensures that Qlik customers and partners are successfully implementing innovative and effective Qlik solutions to meet their business goals. The Professional Services team includes Project Managers, Services Sales Managers, Managing Principal Consultants and Consultants.
How you will spend your time as our next Senior Project Manager
The Sr Project Manager will work across implementation professional services teams supporting numerous consulting projects at one time. To be considered for this role, you must have experience as a project manager managing external customer projects – applicable experience is gained as a project manager in a professional services organization.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to demonstrate the following responsibilities required in this role:
- Actively bridge technical and business cultures and perspectives, help negotiate priorities and to resolve conflicts among project stakeholders
- Lead requirements discovery workshops, collaboration sessions with customers and issue resolution discussions
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups and various constituencies
- Work closely with the relevant account/customer success manager to identify strategy for maximizing success within an account.
- Identify, resolve and communicate technical and business issues to account/customer success management.
- Lead complex projects and manage customer expectations across multiple customers at the same time
- Escalate and track support calls and other technical inquiries.
- Develop and maintain a project work schedule with activities, timelines, critical paths and resource requirements
- Manage and monitor all activities against the project work schedule for the project duration.
- Review assigned tasks according to work plans with responsible team members.
- Manage resource scheduling across multiple projects to ensure customer deliverables are met on time and within budget.
- Ensure timely resolution of issues, using escalation as necessary.
- Develop and successfully execute risk mitigation plans
- Maintain documents critical to project implementation.
- Document and report project status against established objectives, milestones, budget and resources.
- Lead and/or attend regularly scheduled steering committee and status meetings throughout the project life cycle.
- Facilitate closure of issues that cannot be resolved by project teams
- Close collaboration with global stakeholders is essential, requiring flexibility to operate beyond standard business hours. This position provides the autonomy to organize your daily schedule in a manner that best supports the needs of your global stakeholders.
You will be successful if you have
- Bachelor’s in Business, Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS or equivalent work experience.
- Background and experience gained in top-tier consulting organizations.
- Strong client-facing consultative skills, able to act as a customer advocate.
- 3-5 years of experience managing external clients in positions of increasing responsibility in the delivery of business intelligence, systems development, and systems Integration.
- 2+ years of successful account management with technical responsibilities.
- Thorough understanding of software development life cycle from requirement gathering through testing and deployment.
- Knowledge and experience with a range of Data Integration tools, including Database systems and Extract, Transform and Loading (ETLs) tools.
- Excellent analysis skills and the ability to develop processes and methodologies.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- An outgoing, focused and organized individual, with a strong drive to succeed.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills, able to succeed in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to work independently and function effectively with minimal amount of supervision
Experience & Qualifications
Desired experience with successful track record in one or more of the following areas:
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Total work experience of 8+ years in consulting/Project management/technical background
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience in project management
- Nice to have Project Management Professional Certification (PMP)
- Data integration/data management/data analytics/business intelligence technology background
This Location for this role is/are:
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
- Qlik Company Page – Who we are!
- Our Values at Qlik: Challenge, Take Responsibility, Move Fast, Teamwork for Results, Be Open and Straightforward
- Competitive Benefits package
- Flexible working environment.
- Giving back is a part of our culture – we give you a day to change the world. In addition, we encourage our employees to participate in our numerous Corporate Responsibility Employee Programs
- Learn about our Corporate Responsibility Program by visiting Qlik.org
- Check out our careers in R&D here.
Qlik is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any protected category or characteristic. We value the diversity of our workforce. If you need assistance due to disability during the application and/or recruiting process, please contact us via the Accessibility Request Form
AGENCIES: Qlik is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Qlik via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Qlik. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Qlik as a result of the referral or through other means.