Global Project Manager
Optimas is a global distributor of integrated supply chain solutions, and engineering support focused on delivering fasteners, components, industrial and safety supplies to our diverse customers around the world. Our local, on-the-ground teams understand the nuances of every community we serve. This allows us to adapt with our customers and partners as needs evolve, leveraging our footprint to remain at your side while providing a highly personalized level of service and support no matter where you find yourself around the globe.
To learn more, please visit our website http://www.optimas.com
The Global Project Manager (PM) has full responsibility for assigned projects and will be the central point of contact for internal and external stakeholders to meet all project goals. The PM must build meaningful stakeholder relationships, guide project teams, and ensure consistent collaboration across the global structure. The position requires the ability to embrace and drive change, while quickly adapting to new circumstances. Outstanding collaboration across functional and regional areas within the business is critical to achieve success.
- Facilitate project design meetings to launch projects based on corporate priorities.
- Lead project teams in conducting root cause analysis to assist in resolving issues, architecting solutions, or defining process improvements.
- Assist teams in defining project scope and objectives, involving all relevant internal stakeholders across the global enterprise, and ensuring technical feasibility with IT teams.
- Develop long and short-term project plans, including setting targets for milestones, establishing dates, and understanding requirements and resource needs.
- Manage cross-functional and cross-regional team members assigned to projects, ensuring that all parties understand and are aligned with project requirements, deadlines, and schedules.
- Delegate project tasks to team members best positioned to complete them.
- Anticipate, recognize, and identify key project challenges and problems to establish and direct problem-solving objectives and priorities for resolution.
- Create visibility to project risks, and potential constraints in a timely manner to allow for effective risk mitigation
- Adjust schedules and targets on the project when needed or directed as organizational priorities change.
- Complete detailed weekly, monthly, or quarterly status reports depending on the needs of each project.
- Provide Senior and Executive Management accurate Project Health and Status Reports through established communication plans.
- Ensure Process Changes are effectively documented and communicated across the enterprise.
- Coordinate the development of user manuals, training materials, and other documents as needed to enable successful implementation and turnover of the process or system to end users/stakeholders.
- Conduct post-project evaluation and identify successful and unsuccessful project elements via lessons learned methodologies.
- Support the PMO Office in maintaining and effectively managing the Corporate Project Portfolio.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- 5+ years of proven experience in a dedicated project management role.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or Associated Project Management (APM)certification is a plus.
- Demonstrated understanding of formal project management methodologies (AGILE, Waterfall, Blended)
- Strong leadership and critical thinking abilities.
- Excellent meeting facilitation skills.
- Ability to lead co-located project teams of various sizes across time zones.
- Strong verbal & written communication Skills
- Experience in Microsoft Office applications, SharePoint, and Smart Sheets
- Reports to VP of Global Project Management Office
- Finance Team
- Sourcing & Supply Chain Team
- Sales Team
- Operations Team