Business Development Manager Central and Eastern Europe
Business Development Manager – Central & Eastern Europe
Remote working / Home based role from Poland, Czech Republic or Slovak Republic
Optimas is a global distributor of integrated supply chain solutions, and engineering support focused on delivering fasteners, components, industrial and safety supplies to our diverse customers around the world. Our local, on-the-ground teams understand the nuances of every community we serve. This allows us to adapt with our customers and partners as needs evolve, leveraging our footprint to remain at your side while providing a highly personalized level of service and support no matter where you find yourself around the globe.
To learn more, please visit our website http://www.optimas.com/
You will be a passionate, enthusiastic and energetic Business Development (Sales) Manager responsible for developing and expanding our business with both new & existing Upsell (small/medium) customers.
You will find and enable opportunities through your understanding of customer needs and extensive product knowledge that can support increased sales and customer expansion.
Your goal is to drive sustainable financial growth through boosting sales and forging strong relationships with clients. You will have a proven track record of working with customers from concept through to production and will demonstrate a strong understanding of all activity in between.
This role reports to the Sales Director Europe.
- Understand, the company’s growth and profitability objectives and with total enthusiasm and commitment to achieve and exceed them
- Alongside your peers, identify, develop and win new customer accounts to achieve target business plans for sales and profit
- Find and develop new market opportunities utilising your product and customer understanding
- Work closely with other members of the Sales Teams within International to ensure best practice is identified, shared & effectively rolled out across borders
- Work as part of and support the one Sales team ethos
- Upsell to current small & medium customers, by growing relationships and identifying areas for opportunity
- Work with the Sales Director Europe to form, grow and implement business development plans for Central & Eastern Europe
- Attendance of conferences, customer meetings, and industry events where required
- Promote and sell Optimas’ total value proposition (products, engineering & supply chain) within the region
- Hold knowledge and understanding of Optimas products and service offering to allow in depth discussion with customers
- Build strategic relationships with all related functions to achieve goals
- Be aware of market changes and competitor activities and report accordingly
- Help your team negotiate and close business deals utilising strong knowledge of current market conditions alongside the Commercial team
- Present customer pipeline updates, regularly and as required to International Exec Senior Leadership
- Work with internal departments to create proposals that will win new business while attaining profitability and EBITDA objectives
- Ensure all deadlines are met in line with Customer and Business expectation
- Support the Identification of new customers and the reactivation of dormant accounts
- Suggest and support ideas for marketing / literature requirements
- To evaluate a customer requirement to determine growth opportunities
- Follow up on supplier referred leads where applicable to your Engineering knowledge
- Follow up on website generated leads where applicable to your Engineering knowledge
- To maintain and up-date business development and quotations databases, ensuring all quotes are followed up to completion (namely HubSpot & nBusiness)
- Visit customers as and when required
- To adhere to company procedures and company handbook.
- Be fully acquainted with the Group’s Quality Manuals and Procedures and carry out all operations in accordance with them
- Other relevant activities and duties, as assigned
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Be able to identify the right opportunities for Optimas from prospective and current customers
- Using own initiative identify prospective customers, contact and qualify the opportunity
- Collaborate with the relevant stakeholders during the processing of customer requests ensuring that a focused quotation is issued
- Develop and maintain mutually beneficial relationships with our customers
- Support KPI activity
- Ensure best practice is followed to achieve a seamless customer experience
- Support or facilitate meetings as required with relevant stakeholders both internally and externally
- Strong interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Strong analytical and problem-solving mindset
- Strategic vision and results driven
- Intimate industry knowledge
- Customer value and market focus
- Ability to engage the whole organization to win & retain new business
- Possess a high degree of integrity, ethics, motivation, energy and enthusiasm
- Maintain records as required
- Willingness to travel
The ideal candidate must have the following competencies:
- Strategic Vision.
- Building organizational capacity.
- Results driven.
- Embrace change.
- Collaboration and Influence.
- Entrepreneurial spirit.
- Customer value and Market focus.
Skills and qualifications required:
- Fastener Industry Expert
- Preferably experience of Energy, Automotive, Machinery, Industrial sectors
- Strong customer interaction & presentation skills
- Expert and ever evolving Product Knowledge
- Positive influencer
- Accountable & Organised
- Results Focused
- Strong Computer Knowledge/Skills. Proficient in use of Microsoft Office and other computer-based systems
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, balance workload effectively, assess the need for immediate action and prioritise multiple tasks
- Bachelors’ degree from an accredited college or university, or proven industry work experience
- Ability to complete work assignments accurately and quickly; ability to manage more than one initiative at once
- Sense of urgency and comfort working in a fast-paced environment with a variety of simultaneous projects
- Strong work ethic – self-starter able to demonstrate strong proactive approach and self- initiative; persistent and tenacious; high level of commitment and dedication to meet aggressive deadlines with high-quality results
- Demonstrated flexibility and open-mindedness around change, positive, can-do attitude
Our company is fast-paced, dynamic and has enormous potential like few others, thriving in an industry that's highly demanding and very competitive. Our success so far is based on finding the best talent and putting them together to work in a friendly, challenging and exciting environment. Talent is everything for Optimas.
Optimas OE Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Optimas OE Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Page | 1