Senior Corporate Accountant
Senior Corporate Accountant
Wood Dale, IL-United States
Optimas is a global distributor of integrated supply chain solutions, and engineering support focused on delivering fasteners, components, industrial and safety supplies to our diverse customers around the world. Our local, on-the-ground teams understand the nuances of every community we serve. This allows us to adapt with our customers and partners as needs evolve, leveraging our footprint to remain at your side while providing a highly personalized level of service and support no matter where you find yourself around the globe.
Under the direction of the VP – Global Finance, the Senior Corporate Accountant is responsible for the corporate office trial balance which includes preparing various monthly corporate accounting entries according to GAAP and company financial policy, in addition to certain global consolidation and reporting tasks. They will also be responsible for creating, maintaining and managing the balance sheet reconciliation process for all Corporate-ledger accounts. This person will also be responsible for corporate controllership matters including establishment and maintenance of accounting policies and procedures including responsibility for all technical accounting guidance including research of recently issued accounting literature. This position will partner with other global finance teams to appropriately account for and drive day-to-day operations within global Optimas. The successful candidate will be expected to gain an understanding of the Optimas business and participate in initiatives to continuously improve reporting processes and results.
The Senior Corporate Accountant will be responsible for the following:
- Completion and review of corporate and global journal entries for month-end
- Prepare monthly balance sheet account reconciliations, flux analyses, and reporting requirements
- Manage various monthly corporate expense accruals
- Manage fixed asset accounting system
- Manage goodwill and intangible asset accounting including the annual impairment testing process
- Prepare the quarterly 10Q and annual report including preparation and review of footnote data and other information
- Provide accounting support for FP&A, Treasury, Tax and Shared Services (AP, AR, and Inventory)
- Liase with both Americas and International accounting teams
- Prepare various monthly, quarterly, and annual global reports for external reporting and audit requests
- Provide year-end audit support
- Ad hoc projects
Skills and Qualifications:
- B.S. in Accounting
- 4-7 years accounting experience
- CPA candidate preferred but not required
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and embrace change
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented with excellent analytical skills
- Technical accounting background with both GAAP and IFRS
- Experience in multi-currency international business environment
- Proficient in MS Office Products and Workiva
- NetSuite/Oracle PBCS experience a plus
To Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Optimas does not accept unsolicited CVs or applications from agencies. Optimas is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs or applications and explicitly reserve its right to contact candidates presented in such unsolicited CV or application.
Optimas OE Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Optimas OE Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.