Lab Analyst, Analytical Services
This position performs routine non-chromatographic analytical testing in support of pharmaceutical products following all applicable safety, quality and regulation requirements.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Analytical Testing: With general supervision and oversight, primarily perform routine non-chromatographic analytical testing using established methods and specialized manual/automated equipment with emphasis on spectrophotometric procedures of excipients, drug substance and/or drug product materials
- Data Interpretation: With supervision, use appropriate resources (e.g. software), investigate and interpret data to determine if the reported data meets specifications or expected outcomes
- Quality: Ensure the integrity of data, quality of work, products and services as a first priority; complies or exceeds all regulatory and cGMP compliance standards as well as ensure accuracy of analyses as it relates to right first-time measures
- Safety: Adhere to all workplace safety laws, regulations, standards, and practices and actively advance a culture of safety within his or her team and organization
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintain data integrity and employ good documentation practices when performing experiments
- Compare laboratory data against specifications and trend data where applicable to determine if results meet requirements
- Ensure proper usage, care, and return of calibration standards including, but not limited to, reference standards, timers, thermometers, and instrumentation
- Ensure accuracy of testing by following method/standard instructions and adhering to internal SOPs to eliminate the potential for repeat testing, deviations, and investigations
- Under general supervision, perform primarily routine testing for non-chromatographic methods of analysis in support of pharmaceutical API and/or drug product
- Enter data into established reports/templates or software-based systems
- Attention to Detail: Thoroughness in accomplishing a task through concern for all the areas involved, no matter how small. Monitors and checks work or information and plans and organizes time and resources efficiently.
- Equipment Operation: Is skilled in the use and trouble-shooting of key equipment important in the delivery of the job.
- Listening: Active listening, hearing and learning from what others say.
- Operating Equipment: Understands and promotes the effective and full utilization of tools, machines, and equipment in the performance of their roles.
- Organization: Establish a systematic course of action for self or others to ensure accomplishment of a specific objective; set priorities, goals, and timetables to achieve maximum productivity.
- Quality: Prioritizes and delivers highest levels of quality in work and interactions with customers and team members.
- Teamwork: Promotes cooperation and commitment within a team to achieve goals and deliverables and works well with others while providing support and assistance to team members to help accomplish objectives.
- Technical Learning: Picks up on technical things quickly; can learn new skills and knowledge; is good at learning new industry, company, product, or technical knowledge; does well in technical courses and seminars.
- Associate degree in science-related field
Equal Employment Opportunity and Employment Eligibility
Mayne Pharma provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Mayne Pharma also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Mayne Pharma is an E-Verify employer.