Toronto, Ontario - Hybrid (3 days/week in office)
Mattamy Asset Management
Payroll, Total Rewards and HR Technology
At Mattamy Asset Management (MAM), everyone has an important role to play in our shared success. Developing thoughtfully planned communities is complex work and our diverse teams come together to deliver on that mission in every aspect. We are thoughtful planners, precise project managers and practiced subject matter experts. And in each area of our evolving business, we are trusted to drive results. Here, your opinion will be invited, and your contributions will count. You’ll be surrounded by caring people who encourage you to be exactly who you are. You’ll grow in your area of expertise, learning alongside committed colleagues. With a relentless focus on industry leadership and a deep commitment to sustainability, we’ve got big plans for the future – and for you.
Learn more about what makes working at Mattamy special and our award-winning culture.
What we offer
We have a rewarding opportunity for a motivated, professional and team-oriented Payroll Specialist to join our Total Rewards and HR Technology Team. Reporting directly to the Director, Payroll, this position works collaboratively with team members in Payroll, Total Rewards and HR to support multiple payrolls across the Mattamy Enterprise in Canada and the United States.
What you’ll do
- Prepare and process full-cycle weekly and bi-weekly payrolls for multiple Canadian and U.S. entities, accurately and on time. This includes importing hours from the Time and Attendance system, entering data into the HRIS/Payroll system, calculating changes, balancing and post-verifying payroll
- Manage Time and Attendance data within the Time and Attendance system
- Manage the shared Payroll email box and respond to inquiries in a timely manner
- Compile and summarize payroll information for management reports, as required
- Assist with regular and annual payroll reporting, reconciling, remittances and filings
- Assist with ongoing audit requirements
- Assist with projects that arise within the Total Rewards team, as required
- Create, update, and maintain up-to-date process documentation and payroll processing records
- Identify areas for process improvement
What you bring
- Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) or combination of equivalent work experience, high school diploma and/or accounting/payroll courses
- 3 to 5 years recent payroll experience with payroll/time and attendance
- Demonstrated experience with Canadian and/or U.S. payroll
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills and proficient with Outlook and Word
- Proven ability to maintain confidentiality and practice discretion in interactions and dealings with others
- Strong attention to detail
- Good communication skills; both verbal and written
- Team player with flexible work style and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong customer service orientation
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines while remaining organized
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work a hybrid work schedule from our Downtown Toronto office
- Experience with UKG Pro (previously known as Ultimate Software’s UltiPro)
We encourage applicants who meet most of the role requirements to hit that submit button and apply! It’s okay if you don’t have 100% of the requirements. If you’re the right candidate, we’ll help you learn and grow.
Who we are
Mattamy Asset Management (MAM) is the parent company of Mattamy Homes Canada and Mattamy Homes U.S., which together make up the largest privately held homebuilding platform in North America.
Be yourself. We want it that way.
At Mattamy, we're passionate about creating and promoting a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone can do their best work. Diversity and inclusion are important to the work we do to support our homebuyers, colleagues, and communities. From how we build our teams to cultivating our leaders, we're on a journey toward a welcoming, barrier-free culture for everyone.
Mattamy Asset Management is committed to providing accommodation for people with disabilities. If you require accommodation through any aspects of the selection process, please notify us on your application and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Qualified applicants will be contacted directly by the Talent Acquisition team.