Director, Community Development
Port St. Lucie
Full-Time / Permanent
Mattamy Homes is the largest privately owned homebuilder in North America, with an over 41-year history of operations across the United States and Canada. Every year, Mattamy helps more than 8,000 families realize their dream of home ownership. In the U.S., Mattamy is represented in 11 markets – Charlotte, Dallas, Jacksonville, Naples, Orlando, Phoenix, Raleigh, Sarasota, Southeast Florida, Tampa, and Tucson.
Mattamy’s Mission: To Provide The Best Homeowner Experience
Mattamy’s Core Values: Teamwork, Commitment, and Community
Company Culture: At Mattamy Homes the environment is engaging, exciting, rewarding, friendly and team oriented. As employees of Mattamy, we truly believe in and are committed to the organization and have a passion for what we do, while continually striving to provide The Best Homeowner Experience.
- Responsible for overall management of Land Development, permits and approvals, including staffing, talent identification, recruiting, and personal development
- Responsible to processing site-plans, zoning, engineering and environment approvals necessary to deliver complete community and homesites as needed to meet demand.
- Will work with project manager to create and manage project schedules from site plans to grand opening delivering homesites, entry features and amenities.
- Must be able to manage complex CDDs and CDD projects as well as Master HOA.
- Developing, implementing and communicating more value driven techniques and procedures, while at the same time continually looking to recommend value-engineering and other cost saving opportunities
- Developing, monitoring and adhering to the building budgets, work schedules, labor forecasts with a view towards maximum efficiency
- Develops plans for new-builds, solicits and reviews bids, selects and negotiates with contractors, and assists with the contracting process
- Conducts periodic site visits, ensuring that projects are completed as designed, in compliance with accepted plans and specifications, and on time and within approved budgets
- Review budgets with an understanding of market pricing
- Manage the construction financials to include job cost, overhead management, and community budgets
- Forecasting business plan and meeting budgets and goals set for department
- Develop relationships with new vendors for building vendor bench strength
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Planning, Construction Management with PE preferred or in a related field, with a high level of business acumen and a commitment to continuous learning
- 5-10+ years of progressive experience in residential single family or multi-family land development or planning, with an expert knowledge and understanding of residential home building disciplines and financials/budgets
- Demonstrated ability to work with external parties, including local and provincial construction associations, trade partners, suppliers, industry peers
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Strong focus on execution of plans and meeting deadlines
- Ability to establish credibility, trust and build relationships with people of all levels of the organization, including but not limited to community site staff, sales and marketing, contracts and purchasing, Design Studio and land acquisition/development
- Strategic mindset with practical orientation
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Positive attitude, responsive and action oriented
- Highly organized and detail oriented
When you’re part of the Mattamy family, your day to day work has an incredible impact. Everyone on our team contributes to the unique Mattamy Way of helping our customers transform their home ownership dreams into reality all while providing The Best Homeowner Experience. What we do takes teamwork, and like family, everyone pulls together to give our very best. With a focus on continued growth and industry leadership, exciting career possibilities are waiting for you at Mattamy.
Based on the culture we pride ourselves on, we’ve received external recognition as well:
- Best Places to Work in Orlando for 2022, 2021, 2018, 2016 & 2013
- Best Places to Work in Raleigh for 2022 & 2021
- Best Places to Work in Tampa Bay for 2022, 2020 & 2019
- Best Places to Work in Jacksonville for 2022, 2016 & 2015
- Best Places to Work in Charlotte for 2021, 2018 and 2017
- Best Places to Work in Phoenix for 2021
At Mattamy Homes, we’re passionate about creating and promoting a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone can do their best work. Diversity and inclusion are important aspects of the work we do to support our homebuyers, colleagues and communities. We offer a progressive environment where you can experience exciting possibilities in your career including continuous learning and an opportunity for growth. Our competitive compensation and full-time employee benefits package includes:
- 3 weeks of Company Paid Vacation, 1 week of Company Time Off plus 2 weeks of PTO
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance and Short/Long Term Disability
- Flex Spending, 401K with Company Matching and Tuition Reimbursement
- Entertainment Discounts, Employee Home Ownership Program and Company-wide Volunteer Program
We have big plans for our business and our team. Be part of our ambitious future!
Mattamy Homes is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, citizenship, religion, sex, national origin, disability or with respect to any other status protected under federal, state, and local laws or ordinances. Equal access to programs, services, and employment is available to all persons.
Qualified applicants will be contacted directly by the Talent Acquisition team.