Community Coordinator - Warranty
Warranty Service Manager
Who We Are
Mattamy Homes is the largest privately owned homebuilder in North America, with 40-plus years of history across the United States and Canada. Every year, Mattamy helps more than 8,000 families realize their dream of home ownership. In Canada, our communities stretch across the Greater Toronto Area, as well as in Ottawa, Calgary and Edmonton.
What We Offer
In keeping with the Mattamy Mission of providing The Best Homeowner Experience, the Community Coordinator – Warranty provides exceptional customer service to Mattamy homeowners, trade partners and internal staff while performing office administration duties to ensure that homeowner needs are met in a timely manner.
- Answer all telephone calls and respond to homeowner telephone inquiries includes taking detailed messages and distributing to appropriate personnel.
- Respond and/or sort & distribute all incoming emails, faxes, couriers and mail to the appropriate individual on a daily basis.
- Coordinate and schedule homeowner warranty visits (30 day, Year end, etc.). Follow up to ensure homeowner satisfaction with completed work.
- Update homeowners on outstanding work and explain maintenance and warranty coverage.
- Respond to homeowner inquiries in a timely manner, assist with emergencies, and handle homeowner walk-ins.
- Prepare, print and monitor reports for review by the Warranty Management
- Maintain all warranty service requests in JDE systems (coordinate all documentation of lists including sign-offs and updating in computer system).
- Coordinate service orders with trades and ensure sign offs are received from trade partners and homeowners. Follow up on work orders to trades.
- Prepare and maintain logs for purchase orders & back charge notices.
- Assist Warranty Management with written correspondence to homeowners.
- Maintain office supplies and organize and maintain office files.
- Collect timesheets, prepare payroll in the HRIS system and submit to head office.
What You Bring
- Degree and/or Diploma in Administration or a suitable combination of work experience and education is an asset.
- A minimum of 2 years office administration experience in a high volume or fast paced environment is required.
- Experience with new home warranty and service or other relevant experience in the residential building industry preferred.
- Experience in conflict resolution in a customer service environment required.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office, particularly Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Knowledge of JD Edwards would be an asset.
- Excellent organizational and multitasking skills with the ability to recognize/meet deadlines in a fast-paced work environment.
- Exceptional interpersonal / customer service skills in dealing effectively with the public / homeowners.
- Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and manage variable workloads.
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written.
- Ability to maintain a positive and proactive attitude while handling stress of multiple demands and working under tight timelines.
- Self-motivated with ability to work well in a very close-knit team oriented environment.
Health & Safety
We are doing our part to safeguard your health and taking extra steps to reduce the spread of COVID-19. All work sites and premises will allow for required physical distancing requirements, and new routines and resources such as hand sanitizer, antiseptic wipes, masks, or other protective equipment.
Vaccination is the single best protection against COVID-19 for us as individuals and our communities and is vital to maintaining our commitment to health and safety. The successful applicant will be required, as a condition of employment with Mattamy, to provide Mattamy with proof that they have received the full series of a COVID-19 vaccine (or combination of vaccines) authorized by Health Canada, subject to accommodations required under applicable human rights legislation.
When you’re part of the Mattamy family, your day to day work has an incredible impact. What we do takes teamwork, and everyone pulls together to give our very best. With a focus on continued growth and industry leadership, exciting career possibilities are waiting for you at Mattamy. Based on the culture we pride ourselves on, we’ve been recognized with external awards as well. Some of our most recent recognition includes:
- Canada’s Best Managed Companies for 2020
- Canada’s Top 100 Employers for 2020 & 2019
- Greater Toronto’s Top Employers for 2021, 2020 & 2019
- Canada’s 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures for 2017
At Mattamy, we’re passionate about creating and promoting a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone can do their best work. Diversity and inclusion are important aspects of the work we do to support our homebuyers, colleagues and communities. We offer a workplace that allows our employees to experience exciting possibilities in their career including continuous learning, opportunity for growth, competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package.
We have big plans for our business and our team. Be part of our ambitious future!
Mattamy Homes is committed to providing accommodation for people with disabilities. If you require accommodation through any aspects of the selection process, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Qualified applicants will be contacted directly by the Talent Acquisition team.