Builder / Construction Manager
|Tucson, AZ area|
Mattamy Homes is the largest privately owned homebuilder in North America, with an over 43-year history of operations across the United States and Canada. Every year, Mattamy helps more than 8,000 families realize their dream of home ownership. In the U.S., Mattamy is represented in 11 markets – Charlotte, Dallas, Jacksonville, Naples, Orlando, Phoenix, Raleigh, Sarasota, Southeast Florida, Tampa, and Tucson.
Mattamy’s Mission: To Provide The Best Homeowner Experience
Mattamy’s Core Values: Teamwork, Commitment, and Community
Company Culture: At Mattamy Homes the environment is engaging, exciting, rewarding, friendly and team oriented. As employees of Mattamy, we truly believe in and are committed to the organization and have a passion for what we do, while continually striving to provide The Best Homeowner Experience.
The Builder will work in the field overseeing the timely construction of each home from foundation to close with a strong focus on quality, customer satisfaction, timeliness and budgets. The Builder is responsible for producing zero defect homes through effective on-site and remote management of trades, inspectors, suppliers and staff. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for supervising on-site construction including, but not limited to: scheduling subcontractors, inspectors and suppliers, managing day-to-day operations on the job site, inspecting all work, and resolving any problems that might arise
- Approves subcontractor invoice for accuracy
- Manage the construction of assigned homes from foundation to close, including 30-day warranty signoff
- Oversee and monitor all daily trade functions: timeliness, quality of workmanship and completion of work
- Schedule and conduct onsite homeowner meetings
- Assist in ordering all materials required to construct houses
- Schedules and attends all necessary municipal inspections. Assists Inspectors with the completion of the review, and rectifies issues as required
- Responsible for managing to the production schedule, adds comments re: site changes and improvements as necessary and communicates to VP of Construction
- Ensures all work is being done in a safe manner and enforce safety standards and laws within position’s scope of authority. Ensures homes are as clean and aesthetically appealing as possible while under construction
- Bachelor’s degree preferred (Construction Engineering Technology) or suitable combination of education and/or relevant industry experience
- Minimum 3 years residential construction experience with knowledge of construction processes including scheduling and managing scheduling issues
- Knowledge of MS Office applications
- Excellent customer service skills
- Intensely focused on delivering a quality product --- takes pride in building a zero-defect home
- Good knowledge and clear understanding of contracts, plans, specifications, construction methods, materials and regulations. Knowledge of all trades and scopes of work
- Extensive knowledge of Building Code and Health & Safety Regulations
- Experienced in managing budgets and controlling costs
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills required, both oral and written
- People management skills including ability to train and mentor staff, delegate as required, complete performance reviews
When you’re part of the Mattamy family, your day-to-day work has an incredible impact. Everyone on our team contributes to the unique Mattamy Way of helping our customers transform their home ownership dreams into reality all while providing The Best Homeowner Experience. What we do takes teamwork, and like family, everyone pulls together to give our very best. With a focus on continued growth and industry leadership, exciting career possibilities are waiting for you at Mattamy.
Based on the culture we pride ourselves on, we’ve received external recognition as well:
- Best Places to Work in Orlando for 2022, 2021, 2018, 2016 & 2013
- Best Places to Work in Raleigh for 2022 & 2021
- Best Places to Work in Tampa Bay for 2022, 2020 & 2019
- Best Places to Work in Jacksonville for 2022, 2016 & 2015
- Best Places to Work in Charlotte for 2021, 2018 and 2017
- Best Places to Work in Phoenix for 2021
At Mattamy Homes, we’re passionate about creating and promoting a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone can do their best work. Diversity and inclusion are important aspects of the work we do to support our homebuyers, colleagues and communities. We offer a progressive environment where you can experience exciting possibilities in your career including continuous learning and an opportunity for growth. Our competitive compensation and full-time employee benefits package includes:
- 3 weeks of Company Paid Vacation + 3 weeks of Company Time Off and Sick Time
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance and Short/Long Term Disability
- Flex Spending, 401K with Company Matching and Tuition Reimbursement
- Entertainment Discounts, Employee Home Ownership Program and Company-wide Volunteer Program
We have big plans for our business and our team. Be part of our ambitious future!
Mattamy Homes is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, citizenship, religion, sex, national origin, disability or with respect to any other status protected under federal, state, and local laws or ordinances. Equal access to programs, services, and employment is available to all persons.
Qualified applicants will be contacted directly by the Talent Acquisition team.