Senior Financial Analyst, Reporting
Vaughan, Ontario (moving to Mississauga – 6696 Financial Drive – in early 2023) - Hybrid (3 days/week in office)
Mattamy Homes Canada
Finance, Canada Corporate Office
When it comes to forward-thinking homebuilding and thoughtfully planned communities, Canadians think of Mattamy Homes. And that success is centred on a foundation of great people, because our team is as solid as they come. At Mattamy, we are optimistic, hardworking and supportive. Together we learn and grow as we strive to create a positive impact in the homebuilding industry. Contributing to the Mattamy Way means being surrounded by caring people who encourage you to be exactly who you are. It means your opinion is invited and your contributions count. And it means a career filled with pride, knowing you’re part of an environmentally-conscious, action-oriented organization with big plans for the future. The opportunity to bring the future of living to homeowners based on what Canadians value is exciting – and we’re making it happen.
Learn more about what makes working at Mattamy special and our award-winning culture.
What we offer
As a collaborative and detail-oriented financial business partner, the Senior Financial Analyst, Reporting will take ownership over financial accounting processes across the entire Mattamy Homes Canada business.
You will be a key member of the Canadian corporate reporting team, overseeing the financial close of all Canadian divisions as well as managing the financial accounting and monthly close of the Canadian corporate division. Through doing, you will build a foundation of knowledge of the business and existing financial accounting processes across the Canadian business. You will then be tasked with recommending and implementing improvement plans to realize time savings and finding efficiencies within existing workflows.
This position interacts regularly with division and corporate teams and is based out of Mattamy’s Mississauga office. The successful candidate maybe eligible to qualify for Mattamy’s CPA training program, which is accredited to meet the practical work experience requirements for achieving your CPA designation.
What you’ll do
Financial close and reporting
- Lead monthly process to complete of bank reconciliations for all Canadian bank accounts. Coordinate with CCO finance teams and the Treasury team as necessary to ensure CCO finance teams have information required to process transactions.
- Perform quarterly reconciliations of balance sheet accounts for Canadian corporate division. Request and thoroughly review reconciliations performed by other corporate departments as part of overall balance sheet reconciliation.
- Complete monthly expense analysis, identifying and adjusting errors where necessary.
- Perform consolidation of financial results of all Canadian divisions, including reviewing the accuracy of eliminations performed by CCO teams.
- Gather and review supplemental information required for quarterly reporting and interim review.
- Support the preparation of external audited financial statements and notes.
Controllership and process improvement
- Identify, recommend, and implement improvements to bank reconciliation and cash journalization process through Robotic Process Automation (RPA) or similar automation.
- Manage the audit, including reviewing and approving the proposed timing and scope of work and working closely with CCO/divisions to quantify or resolve potential audit misstatements identified.
- Spearhead a JV structure summary and roll up "cheat sheet". Assist with reviewing new deals against the requirements of ASPE 3056, as well as updating ASPE 3056 tracking sheet for new deals.
- Perform technical accounting research to analyze accounting topics arising from new business developments and/or auditor observations, and ultimately recommend appropriate accounting treatment in accordance with ASPE.
- Supporting divisional accounting teams as they work through complex accounting issues to provide stronger financial acumen and value-add reporting for decision.
- Prepare joint venture financial statements
- Other ad hoc tasks, as assigned.
What you bring
- University Degree, with a focus in Accounting.
- CPA designation or nearing completion of CPA.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a Finance department or public accounting firm.
- Excellent relationship building with a strong customer focus and a collaborative working style.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, including the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization
- Results oriented with ability to set realistic and attainable goals and meet those on time
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills including regular use of functions, pivot tables, etc.
- Experience with using the following tools: JD Edwards, OneStream, Microsoft PowerBI, ReportsNow.
- VBA experience
- Proven experience with process improvement and RPA or other automation
We encourage applicants who meet most of the role requirements to hit that submit button and apply! It’s okay if you don’t have 100% of the requirements. If you’re the right candidate, we’ll help you learn and grow.
Who we are
Mattamy Homes is the largest privately owned homebuilder in North America, with 40-plus years of history across Canada and the United States. Every year, Mattamy helps more than 8,000 families realize their dream of home ownership. In Canada, our communities stretch across the Greater Toronto Area as well as in Ottawa, Calgary and Edmonton.
Be yourself. We want it that way.
At Mattamy, we're passionate about creating and promoting a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone can do their best work. Diversity and inclusion are important to the work we do to support our homebuyers, colleagues, and communities. From how we build our teams to cultivating our leaders, we're on a journey toward a welcoming, barrier-free culture for everyone.
Mattamy Homes Canada is committed to providing accommodation for people with disabilities. If you require accommodation through any aspects of the selection process, please notify us on your application and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Qualified applicants will be contacted directly by the Talent Acquisition team.