Paralegal (Real Estate / Construction)
Full-Time / Permanent
Mattamy Homes is the largest privately owned homebuilder in North America, with an over 41-year history of operations across the United States and Canada. Every year, Mattamy helps more than 8,000 families realize their dream of home ownership. In the U.S., Mattamy is represented in 11 markets – Charlotte, Dallas, Jacksonville, Naples, Orlando, Phoenix, Raleigh, Sarasota, Southeast Florida, Tampa, and Tucson.
Mattamy’s Mission: To Provide The Best Homeowner Experience
Mattamy’s Core Values: Teamwork, Commitment, and Community
Company Culture: At Mattamy Homes the environment is engaging, exciting, rewarding, friendly and team oriented. As employees of Mattamy, we truly believe in and are committed to the organization and have a passion for what we do.
In keeping with the Mattamy Mission of providing The Best Homeowner Experience, we are looking for a Real Estate Paralegal to the Mattamy Homes Legal Department. This role requires the ability to exercise initiative, discretion, and judgment with sensitive, complex, and highly confidential information in a very fast-paced environment. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinating information for credit facilities for properties in order to confirm covenant compliance
- Developing, distributing and maintaining various reports to track real estate acquisition, litigation and insurance matters
- Coordinating and review of due diligence for real estate transactions including acquisitions, dispositions and borrowings
- Review and summarizing title commitments, surveys, plats, environmental reports, etc.
- Preparing and filing of a variety of documents, including deeds, easements, memoranda, etc.
- Coordinating with divisions to calendar and track dates for real estate transactions and dispositions
- Preparing closing checklists and coordinating the closing process with the divisions and accounting department for real estate transactions
- Assist with various corporate initiatives and projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or other related field is necessary
- Should have Paralegal Certification
- 3+ years’ experience in Real Estate Industry
- Exceptional computer skills including advanced knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Experience in Construction or Home Building industry is preferred
- Superior organization and project management skills
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information and issues with tact and diplomacy
- Exceptional technical ability with MS Office software to create and maintain a variety of correspondence, reports, presentations, legal documents and confidential information
- Ability to maintain an organized system of calendaring dates, tracking, monitoring and prioritizing tasks and projects efficiently and accurately
- Strong problem solving, critical thinking and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently and proactively anticipate needs of in-house counsel and division team members
- Proven time management skills with the ability to work in a fast paced, changing environment
- Detail oriented with ability to proofread documents for accuracy and communicate detailed changes
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Enthusiastic and friendly, with a demonstrated client-service orientation
When you’re part of the Mattamy family, your day-to-day work has an incredible impact. Everyone on our team contributes to the unique Mattamy Way of helping our customers transform their home ownership dreams into reality all while providing The Best Homeowner Experience. What we do takes teamwork, and like family, everyone pulls together to give our very best. With a focus on continued growth and industry leadership, exciting career possibilities are waiting for you at Mattamy.
Based on the culture we pride ourselves on, we’ve received external recognition as well:
- Best Places to Work in Phoenix for 2021
- Best Places to Work in Orlando for 2021, 2018, 2016 & 2013
- Best Places to Work in Raleigh for 2021
- Best Places to Work in Tampa Bay for 2020 & 2019
- Best Places to Work in Charlotte for 2018 and 2017
- Best Places to Work in Jacksonville for 2016 & 2015
At Mattamy Homes, we’re passionate about creating and promoting a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone can do their best work. Diversity and inclusion are important aspects of the work we do to support our homebuyers, colleagues and communities. We offer a progressive environment where you can experience exciting possibilities in your career including continuous learning and an opportunity for growth. Our competitive compensation and full-time employee benefits package includes:
- 3 weeks of Company Paid Vacation + 3 weeks of Company Time Off and Sick Time
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance and Short/Long Term Disability
- Flex Spending, 401K with Company Matching and Tuition Reimbursement
- Entertainment Discounts, Employee Home Ownership Program and Company-wide Volunteer Program
We have big plans for our business and our team. Be part of our ambitious future!
Mattamy Homes is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, citizenship, religion, sex, national origin, disability or with respect to any other status protected under federal, state, and local laws or ordinances. Equal access to programs, services, and employment is available to all persons.
Qualified applicants will be contacted directly by the Talent Acquisition team.