Community Coordinator - Construction
Construction - Site, GTA Lowrise
Who We Are
Mattamy Homes is the largest privately owned homebuilder in North America, with 40-plus years of history across the United States and Canada. Every year, Mattamy helps more than 8,000 families realize their dream of home ownership. In Canada, our communities stretch across the Greater Toronto Area, as well as in Ottawa, Calgary and Edmonton.
What We Offer
Reporting the Sr. Builder, the Community Coordinator – Construction will be responsible for office administration duties and will help achieve Mattamy’s Mission to provide The Best Homeowner Experience in all activities undertaken.
- Receives, examines and processes documentation, ensuring accuracy and timeliness for distribution to various company departments.
- Responsible for the tracking, sorting and distribution of all paperwork to and from Head Office.
- General clerical support including answering phones, replying to emails, ordering and receiving building material/supplies, data entry, photocopying, faxing and filing.
- Provide administrative and clerical support to the Senior Builder as required.
- Prepare and code purchase orders and completion slips generated from the community. Includes daily and weekly input of production schedule updates.
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment.
- Manage weekly payroll of field staff.
- Emphasis on preparing and processing work orders in conjunction with the efficient coordination and scheduling of Technicians.
- Order all lumber for contract work as required. Assist Trade Partners with respect to extras, sketches, completions and building supplies. Prepare and code purchase orders and completion slips generated from site.
- Prepare, print, and monitor weekly reports.
- Data input and information management to generate work orders for the timely completion of deficiencies.
- Other duties as assigned.
What You Bring
- Degree and/or Diploma in Administration or a suitable combination of work experience and education is an asset.
- A minimum of 2 years office administration experience in a high volume or fast paced environment is required.
- Knowledge of construction technology and an understanding of the Tarion performance guidelines would be beneficial, along with basic knowledge of residential construction.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office, particularly Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Strong scheduling skills are essential.
- Demonstrated ability to follow through on scheduled work commitments.
- Pleasant phone manner and ability to manage multiple lines simultaneously.
- Ability to draft professionally formatted correspondence for internal and external use.
- Ability to multi-task and complete work on time and in a fast paced, unpredictable environment.
- Ability to work within a dynamic team setting, share various responsibilities and demonstrated ability to work independently.
When you’re part of the Mattamy family, your day to day work has an incredible impact. What we do takes teamwork, and everyone pulls together to give our very best. With a focus on continued growth and industry leadership, exciting career possibilities are waiting for you at Mattamy. Based on the culture we pride ourselves on, we’ve been recognized with external awards as well. Some of our most recent recognition includes:
- Canada’s Best Managed Companies for 2020
- Canada’s Top 100 Employers for 2020 & 2019
- Greater Toronto’s Top Employers for 2021, 2020 & 2019
- Canada’s 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures for 2017
At Mattamy, we’re passionate about creating and promoting a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone can do their best work. Diversity and inclusion are important aspects of the work we do to support our homebuyers, colleagues and communities. We offer a workplace that allows our employees to experience exciting possibilities in their career including continuous learning, opportunity for growth, competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package.
We have big plans for our business and our team. Be part of our ambitious future!
Mattamy Homes is committed to providing accommodation for people with disabilities. If you require accommodation through any aspects of the selection process, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Qualified applicants will be contacted directly by the Talent Acquisition team.