Full-Time / Permanent / Onsite
VP of Finance
A career with Mattamy Homes is a chance to join a team as solid as they come. We’re an internationally recognized, privately owned homebuilder full of ambitious, talented and hardworking team members. Together we’re making dreams come true with homes and communities designed for the way people live today, and that’s a great feeling. Our future is secured through strategic investments in land and communities, in both current and new markets, which offers ongoing learning, growth and opportunity for all of us. Redefining how we build with smarter technology and a deep commitment to sustainability is exciting and rewarding.
Here, you will gain valuable experience through challenging and interesting projects. Recognized as an employer of choice, Mattamy ensures you will enjoy great benefits and an award-winning culture, because we take care of our own. On our team, we all have a role to play in building for the future.
What you’ll do
- Leads and directs the day-to-day accounting activities including reconciliations, general ledger, accounts payable, deposits, payroll, bank reconciliations, journal entries, accruals, etc.
- Responsible for timely and accurate monthly and annual end close process, financial statement preparation, financial reporting design and production, variance analysis
- Develops and maintains accounting policies, processes, internal controls, and managing daily workflow to ensure 100% compliance
- Alerts the VP Finance of any irregularities, lack of compliance, or any actual or potential problems associated with financial operations, audits, budgets or other financial matters
- Partners with the VP Finance to develop and enhance financial reporting that transforms data into actionable information, creates value, and meets the needs of the business
- Directs and develops staff, and coordinate workflow to maximize efficiency and optimize resource utilization consistent with the Company’s core values
- Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing variances and trends
- Provides status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data
- Additional duties to be discussed
What you bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related program
- Experience in the homebuilding industry
- Minimum of 5 -7 years of experience in accounting
- Ability to carry out assigned tasks timely and efficiently
- Must be a working manager, capable of operating in a fast-paced environment, able to handle pressure well, be self-motivated and detail oriented
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Must be detailed and thorough in execution of work
- Flexible and creative problem solver
- Demonstrated proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- CPA and/or MBA
- Experience with JDE or other large consolidation accounting software
- Experience with BuildPro, SupplyPro or other related construction software
Be yourself. We want it that way.
At Mattamy Homes, we’re passionate about creating and promoting a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone can do their best work. Diversity and inclusion are important aspects of the work we do to support our homebuyers, colleagues and communities.
Our competitive compensation and full-time employee benefits package includes:
- 3 weeks of Company Paid Vacation + 3 weeks of Company Time Off and Sick Time
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance and Short/Long Term Disability
- Flex Spending, 401K with Company Matching and Tuition Reimbursement
- Entertainment Discounts, Employee Home Ownership Program and Company-wide Volunteer Program
Who we are
Mattamy Homes is the largest privately owned homebuilder in North America, with 40-plus years of history across the United States and Canada. Every year, Mattamy helps more than 8,000 families realize their dream of home ownership. In the U.S., Mattamy is represented in 11 markets – Charlotte, Dallas, Jacksonville, Naples, Orlando, Phoenix, Raleigh, Sarasota, Southeast Florida, Tampa and Tucson.
To provide the best homeowner experience
Mattamy’s core values
- Best Places to Work in Orlando for 2022, 2021, 2018, 2016 & 2013
- Best Places to Work in Tampa Bay for 2022, 2021, 2020 & 2019
- Best Places to Work in Raleigh for 2022 & 2021
- Best Places to Work in Jacksonville for 2022, 2016 & 2015
- Best Places to Work in Phoenix for 2021
- Best Places to Work in Charlotte for 2020, 2018 & 2017
Mattamy Homes is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, citizenship, religion, sex, national origin, disability or with respect to any other status protected under federal, state, and local laws or ordinances. Equal access to programs, services, and employment is available to all persons.
Qualified applicants will be contacted directly by the Talent Acquisition team.