Farmers Branch, TX
Purchasing / Procurement
Full-Time / Permanent
Mattamy Homes is the largest privately owned homebuilder in North America, with an over 41-year history of operations across the United States and Canada. Every year, Mattamy helps more than 8,000 families realize their dream of home ownership. In the U.S., Mattamy is represented in 11 markets – Charlotte, Dallas, Jacksonville, Naples, Orlando, Phoenix, Raleigh, Sarasota, Southeast Florida, Tampa, and Tucson.
Mattamy’s Mission: To Provide The Best Homeowner Experience
Mattamy’s Core Values: Teamwork, Commitment, and Community
Company Culture: At Mattamy Homes the environment is engaging, exciting, rewarding, friendly and team oriented. As employees of Mattamy, we truly believe in and are committed to the organization and have a passion for what we do.
The Permit Coordinator role requires the ability to exercise initiative, discretion, judgment, tact and diplomacy with sensitive, complex, and highly confidential information in a very fast-paced environment. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Orders, tracks and submits permit applications to include plans, surveys, energy calculations, truss designs and engineering.
- Reviews lot specific plans & permitting material for accuracy
- Uploads supporting community level documents per project to Hyphen folders at project start (Power layouts, Paving Grading & Drainage Plans, Marketing Site Maps, Phone List, Exterior Color Reference Drawings etc.)
- Pays and documents impact fees and permitting application fees
- Pays red tag fees and general field support for required CO items.
- Coordinates GC licensing with local municipality including bonds, insurance certificates, online inspection logins & annual renewal fees
- Develops and maintains customer service relationships with Permitting Vendors, Builders and Area Construction Managers
- Attends Weekly Starts meeting with VP of Construction to communicate permits for coming weeks.
- Assist Operations Coordinator as required to meet start goals
- Uploads all permitting related files to the electronic lot specific job folder.
- Cross Train with Operation Coordinator to cover vacation times
- Update JDE with Permitting key milestone dates for visibility into the permit workflow.
- Codes any permitting related direct invoices on weekly basis for ACM approval.
- Updates accounting along with Land Coordinator on any impact fee credits or permit fee budget changes published by municipalities.
- Works with County Plan Reviewers, Government staff and Permit Runners to expedite code compliant permit issuance as quickly as possible
- Orders & codes invoices for printed plans once permit set is approved by municipalities
- Bachelors or Assoc’s degree preferred, not required
- Two years office administration experience, preferably in a construction related industry
- Experience in processing and expediting permits
- Pleasant phone manner & ability to manage multiple lines simultaneously
- Good computer skills in Microsoft Office, particularly Word, Excel, and Email
- Strong organizational skills
- Proactive “driver” mentality-can’t wait for information to come to them-have to go get it
- Persuasive personality to work with internal customers and Homeowners
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to re-prioritize on a moment’s notice
- Ability to deal with constant change
- Ability to manage day to day business
- Understand scheduling and residential plans
When you’re part of the Mattamy family, your day-to-day work has an incredible impact. Everyone on our team contributes to the unique Mattamy Way of helping our customers transform their home ownership dreams into reality all while providing The Best Homeowner Experience. What we do takes teamwork, and like family, everyone pulls together to give our very best. With a focus on continued growth and industry leadership, exciting career possibilities are waiting for you at Mattamy.
Based on the culture we pride ourselves on, we’ve received external recognition as well:
- Best Places to Work in Orlando for 2021, 2018, 2016 & 2013
- Best Places to Work in Phoenix for 2021
- Best Places to Work in Raleigh for 2021
- Best Places to Work in Tampa Bay for 2020 & 2019
- Best Places to Work in Charlotte for 2018 and 2017
- Best Places to Work in Jacksonville for 2016 & 2015
At Mattamy Homes, we’re passionate about creating and promoting a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone can do their best work. Diversity and inclusion are important aspects of the work we do to support our homebuyers, colleagues and communities. We offer a progressive environment where you can experience exciting possibilities in your career including continuous learning and an opportunity for growth. Our competitive compensation and full-time employee benefits package includes:
- 3 weeks of Company Paid Vacation + 3 weeks of Company Time Off and Sick Time
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance and Short/Long Term Disability
- Flex Spending, 401K with Company Matching and Tuition Reimbursement
- Entertainment Discounts, Employee Home Ownership Program and Company-wide Volunteer Program
We have big plans for our business and our team. Be part of our ambitious future!
Mattamy Homes is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, citizenship, religion, sex, national origin, disability or with respect to any other status protected under federal, state, and local laws or ordinances. Equal access to programs, services, and employment is available to all persons.
Qualified applicants will be contacted directly by the Talent Acquisition team.