Cary, NC area
Full Time / Permanent
Mattamy Homes is the largest privately owned homebuilder in North America, with an over 41-year history of operations across the United States and Canada. Every year, Mattamy helps more than 8,000 families realize their dream of home ownership. In the U.S., Mattamy is represented in 11 markets – Charlotte, Dallas, Jacksonville, Naples, Orlando, Phoenix, Raleigh, Sarasota, Southeast Florida, Tampa, and Tucson.
Mattamy’s Mission: To Provide The Best Homeowner Experience
Mattamy’s Core Values: Teamwork, Commitment, and Community
Company Culture: At Mattamy Homes the environment is engaging, exciting, rewarding, friendly and team oriented. As employees of Mattamy, we truly believe in and are committed to the organization and have a passion for what we do.
The Purchasing Agent is responsible for the overall pricing and delivery of products/services in a timely, cost-effective manner in conformance with company policies, schedules, procedures and budgets. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Control, develop and produce approved budgets and proformas with input from appropriate internal departments
- Negotiate and solicit the best price/value combination from suppliers and trade contractors; analyze cost comparisons and differences in products and services on long term/short term contract agreements, while ensuring the correct amount of product or service is received at the appropriate time
- Participate in review, development, and analysis of scopes of work aimed at quality control and standardization of equipment, materials, supplies and services. Conduct analysis of drawings for value engineering opportunities and pricing thereof
- Study existing or new design drawings and keep abreast of changes impacting supply of materials to reassess budgets and amend forecasts
- Develop and qualify new subcontractors/suppliers while maintaining and monitoring existing ones
- Act as liaison between subcontractors, construction, marketing, sales, customer service and land departments. Address and resolve issues involving trades and/or builders, as needed.
- Support Construction and Sales departments through processing of POs, plans and other documents as required
- Continually search for new products, materials and processes that will better suit our customers
- Prepare quantity take-offs from working or design drawings for budgeting or bid purposes. Manage and maintain take-offs within the software(s) utilized by the company
- Participate in site visits and work with construction team members to check performance of trades against scope of work/contract
- Product Development Lead coordinating with corporate architecture and the Division
- Bachelor’s degree minimum with 4+ years related work experience in the construction field
- Several years progressive experience in the residential construction industry, estimating and purchasing
- Knowledge of Build Pro preferred
- Knowledge of JD Edwards preferred
- Experience with JDE and Build-Pro/Supply-Pro (Hyphen Solutions) knowledge an asset
- Extremely well-organized, flexible, ability to prioritize workloads, meet deadlines and work well under pressure
- Understanding Building Codes, National Electrical Code, OSHA Guidelines, and other applicable building codes and practices
- Professional experience dealing ethically with people/situations/issues and ability to demonstrate what processes are applied in decision-making which reflect professionalism and integrity
- Solid understanding of generally accepted purchasing principles and practices
- Working knowledge of house building and construction material purchasing
- Excellent communication and negotiating skills
- Excellent mathematical skills with the ability to analyze, look for trends and superior estimating skills
- Prior experience in preparing and analyzing budgets
- Experience in computerized environment for production planning, ordering, analysis etc.
- Superior computer skills in MS Office – in particular Excel
When you’re part of the Mattamy family, your day-to-day work has an incredible impact. Everyone on our team contributes to the unique Mattamy Way of helping our customers transform their home ownership dreams into reality all while providing The Best Homeowner Experience. What we do takes teamwork, and like family, everyone pulls together to give our very best. With a focus on continued growth and industry leadership, exciting career possibilities are waiting for you at Mattamy.
Based on the culture we pride ourselves on, we’ve received external recognition as well:
- Best Places to Work in Raleigh for 2021
- Best Places to Work in Phoenix for 2021
- Best Places to Work in Orlando for 2021, 2018, 2016 & 2013
- Best Places to Work in Tampa Bay for 2019 & 2020
- Best Places to Work in Charlotte for 2018 and 2017
- Best Places to Work in Jacksonville for 2016 & 2015
At Mattamy Homes, we’re passionate about creating and promoting a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone can do their best work. Diversity and inclusion are important aspects of the work we do to support our homebuyers, colleagues, and communities. We offer a progressive environment where you can experience exciting possibilities in your career including continuous learning and an opportunity for growth. Our competitive compensation and full-time employee benefits package includes:
- 3 weeks of Company Paid Vacation + 3 weeks of Company Time Off and Sick Time
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance and Short/Long Term Disability
- Flex Spending, 401K with Company Matching and Tuition Reimbursement
- Entertainment Discounts, Employee Home Ownership Program and Company-wide Volunteer Program
We have big plans for our business and our team. Be part of our ambitious future!
Mattamy Homes is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, citizenship, religion, sex, national origin, disability or with respect to any other status protected under federal, state, and local laws or ordinances. Equal access to programs, services, and employment is available to all persons.
Qualified applicants will be contacted directly by the Talent Acquisition team.