Live Haul CDL DRIVER
Summary of Opening:
The individual selected for this position will be responsible for hauling, dropping, and hooking live haul trailers to the plant from farms, and from the plant to farms. 3-8 loads may be hauled per shift, but the average is 4-5. Pay is hourly plus a mileage rate. Live birds will be hauled. Successful applicants must realize that they are representing Pilgrim’s Pride Corporation whenever they are driving a company vehicle, making sure to always follow the rules of the road.
Must be able to operate a Manual CMV
Description of Duties/Qualifications:
- Will haul empty trailers from the plant to farms. Will drop the empty trailer and hook to the loaded trailer. Load securement is the responsibility of the driver. The loaded trailer will be hauled to the plant, scaled in, and dropped under the shed. The cycle repeats until all loads have been hauled in from the farms.
- When fan trailers are in use, they will be moved on the farms as needed by the drivers.
- Must be able to drive large trucks in all types of weather.
- Must be able to lift/push 100+ lbs.
- Must have a valid CDL Class A license, a good driving record, a drug-free record and must pass a DOT physical.
- Will use company provided e-log system.
- Will follow all DOT HOS regulations.
- Vision correctable to 20/20.
- Must possess good decision making ability.
- Good work ethic.
- Able to work in hot and dusty environments.
- Normal work days Monday–Friday – work any scheduled holidays. Sometimes we do work Saturdays if needed.
- Start times vary depending on shift being filled. Scheduled for 12 hour day. Average work day is 10 hours.