Short Term Consultant: University Program Financial Modelling, Amman, Jordan
IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world by empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information.
IREX seeks a qualified short-term consultant to support the USAID-funded project, Pre-Service Teacher Education in Jordan (PRESTIJ). Working with stakeholders including the Queen Rania Teacher Academy (QRTA), PRESTIJ will support universities to improve pre-service teacher education, and assist the Government of Jordan to develop and implement teacher education reforms and address gender disparities in teaching.
IREX seeks a short-term consultant to conduct a cost analysis and develop a financial model for the delivery of teacher preparation modules, developed in partnership with QRTA, at Mu’tah University.
Duties and Responsibilities
Working closely with the PRESTIJ technical team, the local consultant will develop a financial model for implementing the pre-service modules with tasks to include:
- Conduct a cost analysis of all training, equipment, consumables, technology, and staffing needs, including the practicum.
- Conduct an incremental cost analysis to determine the most cost-effective size for student cohorts.
- Identify a sustainable cost and pricing structure that can be scaled and adapted, including tuition rates.
- Contribute to the development of a fully costed Material and Financial Resources Agreement and Action Plan.
Skills and Experience
Required Abilities and Experience
- Jordanian residency/work authorization is required.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience providing technical and/or administrative support to government or educational institutions, preferably in higher education.
- Master’s degree in relevant field or a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field with an additional three years of experience.
- Must demonstrate an excellent track record of achieving results in building administrative capacity and performance, preferably in higher education and/or pre-service teacher training.
- Strong, self-directed project management with attention to detail.
- Fluency in Arabic and English required, including strong writing skills.
Preferred Abilities and Experience
- Experience in the full economic costing of academic course delivery is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of the pre-service teacher training landscape in Jordan is an advantage.
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills preferred.
To qualify for this consultancy, candidates must have the qualifications and experience in each of the areas listed under “Required Abilities and Experience,” and be able to provide examples for these. They must have excellent Arabic and English skills.
Candidates who have the required abilities and experience will be more competitive if they can also demonstrate experience and skills listed under “Preferred Abilities and Experience."
Please upload a CV with list of references. This position is open until filled. For best consideration, apply by March 5, 2020.