Finance Director, USAID/Pre-Service Education Training in Jordan
IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world by empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information. Founded in 1968, IREX has an annual portfolio of over $90 million, offices in 20 countries, and a global staff of 400. We work in more than 100 countries worldwide.
Summary of Position
IREX seeks qualified Finance Director candidates for an expected USAID Pre-Service Education Training Program in Jordan. The program aims to reform pre-service teacher education programs to improve the quality of teaching and thus learning outcomes for all students in Jordan. Activities will ensure that Jordanian universities are able to train all potential future teachers who will enter classrooms not only with content knowledge, but also with a range of pedagogical skills and the capacity to reflect on their practice. The Finance Director will support the Chief of Party in meeting program objectives and will be responsible for oversight of project finances and grant-making activities.
The position is contingent on funding.
Citizens of Jordan are encouraged to apply.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Ensure that the program meets all IREX, USAID and host country requirements relative to USAID funds accountability and operations
- Track and analyze all costs incurred under the grant
- Maintain financial records for all program activities and assist in any routine audits as required
- Ensure that appropriate financial record-keeping policies and practices are established and maintained
- Ensure that all procurement is in compliance with IREX policy and U.S. government regulations
- Monitor project budgets and provide required reporting
- Coordinate with IREX Finance team in Jordan and at the home office
Skills and Qualifications:
- Graduate degree in accounting or business administration from an accredited university
- At least six years’ experience in financial management and/or project administration, preferably with USAID programs similar in scope or size
- Ability to compile and prepare financial and budget data in line with USG rules and regulations
- Experience analyzing budget trends and monitoring funding levels across multiple accounts
- Expertise with procedures required for adequate planning, monitoring, and realigning of complex budgets
- Experience administering grants under contract
- Demonstrated ability to work with host government and cooperating partners in implementing a complex project in the field under challenging circumstances
- Skilled in managing and compiling financial data for reporting and ensuring compliance with all donor requirements
- Excellent computer skills as they relate to financial management
- Excellent interpersonal and team work skills
- Ability to communicate professionally and provide written reporting in English required; proficiency in Arabic required
Click on "Apply" below to submit your CV for consideration.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE