Who We are
At IREX we strive for a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world—where individuals research their full potential, governments serve their people and communities thrive.
But around the globe, persistent poverty, repression, and injustice prevent too many people form achieving their full potential. To address these problems, we focus on people, not on vaccines, roads, or wells. We support individuals and institutions to create change in their own communities—and to create person to person bridges between nations.
IREX works with partners in more than 100 countries in four areas essential to progress: cultivating leaders, empowering youth, strengthening institutions, and increasing access to quality education and information.
The Program Officer provides administrative and technical support in the day to day implementation of program activities for both education and higher education programs in Iraq. This includes logistics support, implementation of program initiatives, financial monitoring, reporting, and communication with partner organizations on program activities and participant support issues.
We are doers. Our decades of on-the-ground experience help us create greater impact, practical recommendations, and lasting partnerships.
Are you the next member of our team?
Duties & Responsibilities
- Serve as a primary point of contact for IREX as liaison between the project subgrantees, local stakeholders, project beneficiaries, and IREX for program activities and in country event and deliverables;
- Provide administrative, operational and logistical support and Erbil based coordination for project activities and in person events within Iraq, including finance, monitoring and evaluation and travel logistics, ensuring deliverables are technically sound and submitted in a timely manner;
- Contribute to development of training materials and facilitate trainings for educators;
- Support day to day management of participant communication;
- Support program communication, publicity, and outreach;
- Work with the guidance of managers to develop workplans and processes for Small Grants and team-wide responsibilities;
- Serve as primary point of contact with the Small Grants beneficiaries, maintaining high level of communication with the grantees;
- Provide monitoring and evaluation efforts and track participant and program indicators and impact;
- Compile and track a wide range of participant information and program data, maintaining accuracy and completeness;
- Support preparation for and implementation of Workforce Development initiatives;
- Conduct site visits, observations and lead focus groups with partners as needed; and
- Support written reports and communication for program activities.
- This position is open to Iraqi nationals only.
Your Background & Skills
- University degree in Education, Higher Education, Business, International Development or a closely related field required;
- Minimum two years of program support experience at a program officer level;
- Strong interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills;
- Proven organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail, including the ability to prioritize;
- Demonstrated capability to work independently and as a team member with consistent ability to take initiative, meet deadlines within strict time constraints, and maintain a positive attitude and flexibility;
- Experience facilitating and implementing training for adults;
- Experience working in education and with educators preferred;
- Excellent written and spoken English is required;
- Proficiency in written and spoken Arabic and Kurdish is required;
- Demonstrated computer skills, including Microsoft Office; and
- Experience with education technology preferred.
IREX will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, and the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments of 2008.
Successful candidates are subject to background screenings This position is eligible for Telework.
This position is/is not ineligible for Immigration Sponsorship
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
EOE – Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity.
All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.