Civic Education Consultant
Position Title: Civic Education Consultant
Reports To: Program Representative
IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world by empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information. Founded in 1968, IREX has an annual portfolio of over $80 million offices in 20 countries, and a global staff of 400. We work in more than 100 countries worldwide.
IREX seeks a Civic Education Consultant based worldwide (remote). The selected Civic Education Consultant will be responsible for developing/planning/implementing targeted civic education/good governance trainings, advising on program content and strategic input on how to implement civic education activities in North West Syria for a project that combines Humanitarian and Civic Education communication activities with local media. Preferred candidates will have experience in electoral processes and political analysis, experience in civic education campaign planning and implementation, creation of PSAs, training, work with local actors, are proficient in the Arabic language and with field experience in conflict/post-conflict countries. Candidates should be able to process information quickly and concisely, recognize sensitive cultural differences, and be professional and courteous at all times.
The assignment will be part-time with periodic full-time training weeks and will conclude by October 31, 2020. If at some point, international travel is allowed and the safety conditions met there is a possibility for the consultants to implement trainings in person in Istanbul. No travel to Syria required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review media partners current civic education productions to develop targeted trainings for radio, online and video productions on Civic Education.
- Work closely with the media outlets General Manager to discuss objectives, production and ensure the correct channels of communication are used during programming for reaching the expected goals.
- Advise on Civic Education program content and planning.
- Plan and implement Civic Education campaign trainings for media outlets to improve skills, access to information, and optimize production work.
- Provide best practices on how to implement civic education programming for affected populations during a conflict.
- Advise on planning and creation of Civic Education PSAs.
- Advise on any other related technical and content areas where IREX media outlets need support.
- Advise on coordination with NGOs and international institutions for better information sharing.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Over 10 years of experience on electoral and transitional processes.
- Expertise and proven results on planning and developing Civic Education campaigns.
- Solid experience on every aspect of the electoral cycle and political analysis.
- Field mission experience in conflict and post-conflict.
- Arabic speaker.
To Apply: Please send a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three professional references to “email@example.com”. Please Add “Civic Education - STMP” in the subject of the email. Please provide proposed rate in cover letter.
Application deadline: July 20, 2020. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Shortlisted candidates will be subject to a verbal interview. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Engagement will require a successful reference check.