App Developer is responsible for creating and updating business applications for Android and iOS. The App Developer will be involved in migrating current iOS and Android apps to a hybrid app using React-Native. This person will be a well-versed programming expert that understands business processes and multiple programming languages.
- Work with our agile development team to implement new features in Android (Java) and iOS (Swift).
- Implement Beacon functionality for Android and iOS.
- Implement code to work with Rest APIs.
- Participate in daily scrum meetings to prioritize tasks.
- Work with product owner to define user stories and estimates.
- An interest in React Native
- A willingness and drive to acquire new skills, provide input, and grow with the company and software development team.
- Ability to work individually on a task or project, and as a team member on larger system projects.
- Excellent oral and written skills, and an ability to communicate well with technical and non-technical personnel daily, while working in a results-oriented organization under strict guidelines and a devotion to exceptional end-user experiences.
INVUE’s TECHNOLOGY STACK
- We will cross train you on this technology stack
- Invue’s Apps are an Enterprise Applications and they are distributed through an MDM or side loaded.
- iOS: Swift 4, EVReflection, SwiftJson, SwiftEventBus,FCM, and AWS SDK.
- Android: Dagger, Google Volley, Otto, AWS SDK.
- Click stream handling uses AWS Kinesis, Lambda and Elastic Search.
- Github, AWS Code Pipeline and Code Build are used for development process.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; preferred in Computer Science or Engineering.
- 6+ years of Development experience.
- 3+ years of software development experience on a team with at least 5 developers.
- 3+ year of experience with Android or iOS development.
- Strong programming skills and working knowledge in one or more of the following programming languages: Java (Android), or Swift/Objective C (iOS).
- Work experience with Git and other CI tools.
- Eye for design is desirable with internal and external customers.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, operate gracefully under stress and handle multiple assignments in parallel.
- Strong communication skills in one of the following languages: English or French.
NICE TO HAVES
- Ability to remotely monitor, diagnose and troubleshoot issues
- Experience working with retail demo apps will be considered a plus
- Familiarity with Android and iOS face tracking libraries
- Familiarity with Accessibility services will be huge plus
- Office very close to metro line
- Competitive package
- Performance bonus
- Supplemental healthcare plan