Head of Business Development, Korea
We are a global company headquartered in the US, which provides retailers, commercial retail businesses and B2B customers with innovative sales enablement and security solutions. Our solutions balance the need for sales and customer service with security requirements and store aesthetics. From helping the retailers and B2B customers secure and display high theft merchandise to leveraging digital signages for commercial retail businesses, enhancing the overall customer experience along with empowering the store staffs. As a market leader with cutting edge facilities dedicated to developing innovative products that defy the status quo, our commitment to creative design and superior quality has earned the businesses of the world’s top retailers, Telcos & mobility brands.
This Business Development Manager for Korea will drive the growth of revenue, profitability, and develop new customers within Korea. To achieve this goal, the Business Development Manager will support new product introductions and develop direct relationships with retail customers across all industries.
- Establish and manage revenue goals (monthly, quarterly, and annual) for assigned market and customers.
- Collaborate with management team to build and achieve a list of top priority market and customer initiatives.
- Develop retailer and B2B customer relationships at a senior-level, which will include key loss prevention, category, and merchandising managers.
- Work closely with management team to support a wide range of business development activities, including channel partnerships, strategy formulation, new product requirements, customer presentation materials, and new business opportunities.
- Successfully drive revenue growth across multiple product platforms.
- Identify, evaluate, and report on market and customer opportunities.
- Provide and coordinate technical training as required for new product launches and existing product support.
- Ensure pricing and stock levels are appropriate for the achievement of business goals and objectives.
- Identify, analyze, and report on competitive threats and pricing, customer concerns, and market dynamics.
- Work closely with customer service and product delivery team to ensure that customers’ product requirements and delivery lead-times are met.
- University degree preferred.
- 6-12 years of experience in product sales with a track record of growing revenue, profitability, and new business development
- Direct experience within retail industry, ideally B2B, CE, or mobile
- Strong sales hunter; new customer development accomplishments
- Strong success building, growing $3M+ USD Sales Quotas
- Strong success identifying, working, and closing $50K-$2.0M USD customer deals.
- Excellent selling skills requiring high-level presentations, persuading, and negotiating with business partners, retailers, B2B customers and other key decision makers.
- Direct experience within retail industry, ideally within consumer electronics and/or smart phone and mobile device markets.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and communicate customer needs, marketplace dynamics, industry trends, and competitive threats within a market.
- Ability to analyze financial data, prepare accurate forecasts, measure and report (weekly, monthly, and quarterly) on performance.
- Understanding of the disciplines of strategic account planning, account management, new account development, and administration.
- Ability to implement sales programs and initiatives that are coordinated and consistent with the values and strategic direction of Korea, the APAC region and corporation.
- Exceptional presentation, communication, and people skills.
- Entrepreneurial, self-directed, and driven personality.
- Excellent Korean and English language skills.
- Ability and eagerness to travel frequently to be in front of customers and support InVue business growth.