Technical Project Manager
Technical Project Manager is responsible for providing project planning and management for established initiatives. He/She will act as lead subject matter expert within the company regarding technology and domain concerns. Additionally, they will hire and train team member to support business need. They use their industry expertise to improve all aspects of project planning and resource management.
Bachelor/master's degree in Project Management or Technology field is required with 10+ years of experience. Hands on or working experience with one of more technology like Java, Angular, Mobile Native Development, Cloud – AWS/GCP is must. Individuals who can work well in a collaborative environment and pay meticulous attention to detail, willing to get their hands dirty to solve the problem are the key expectations from the role.
Responsibilities for Technical Project Manager
- Working with key project stakeholders to formulate and communicate the business vision, to envision initial requirements, and to scope the project.
- Working closely with key stakeholders to understand project scope and requirements in terms of features and capabilities.
- Identifying and tracking deliverables while gathering and documenting project risks, issues, assumptions, and dependencies.
- Conducting Business Analysis to understand business processes required to ensure end-to-end delivery of intended project results.
- Practices methodologies like scrum/agile and demonstrate best practices to the team.
- Prioritize and updates task schedules. Identifies issues and resolve roadblocks.
- Creating and maintaining all project documentation and project plans.
- Tracking and reporting project progress to stakeholders on agreed cadence.
- Solid understanding of project management methodology and quality metrics is a MUST
- Ability to lead geographically distributed team with varied skills
- Strong people skills, should clearly define career growth plan, give constructive and critical feedback and promote collaborative team culture
Qualifications for Technical Project Manager
- Strong leadership and organizational skills with excellent communication (written and verbal), time management, project planning, people and team building skills.
- Prior experience in managing either of mobile (iOS & Android), Java, or cloud (GCP/AWS) projects is must.
- Conflict resolution to understand various obstacles and apply negotiation skills to find optimal solutions.
- Minimum of 12 + years of career experience out of which minimum 5 years should as developer & 5 years of experience in managing or performing IT development projects using an Agile approach
- Experience in developing and executing plans, meeting deadlines and operating under tight time constraints.
- Knowledge of development technical stack on mobile, Java, Git source code management, code review process, implementing best technical guidelines would
qualify as frontrunner for this role
- Growth mindset & collaboration are distinguishing factors required to succeed in this role
- Ability to bridge gaps with high-level stakeholders.
- Experience with JIRA and JIRA Agile.
- Experience working with distributed teams across different locations and time zones in a culturally diverse environment.
- Demonstrated experience of projects growth is must for this role
- Engineering Degree in Computer Science is must for this role
- Technical & Project Management certifications are desired