Program Manager –Social Capital
Job ID 178
Heifer International is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
The Program Manager – Training and Social Capital will report to the Senior Program Manager-Training (SPM-Training) and will assist the SPM and Heifer India office in the design, implementation, and follow-up of social capital development and aligned training programs for project partners, farmers and Heifer India staff in accordance with Heifer’s objectives, policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL CHARACTER TRAITS
Empathetic, emotionally intelligent, honest, positive attitude, compassionate, patient, accountable, humble, flexible, enthusiastic, dependable, creative and a team player.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DELIVERABLES
A. In facilitating the building of Social Capital in BSLD project (45%)
- Preparation of information, education & communication (IEC) Materials, Social Capital content, and modules for the BSLD project
- Lead and organize various events such as Heifer Cornerstones, Participatory Self Review and Planning (PSRP), Gender and Justice, Group Management, VBLP, and Personal Leadership Development to build Social Capital for BSLD staff and community members
- Prepare annual plan and budget and track and assess the implementation of the Social Capital development plan in BSLD project
- Liaise with third-party vendors in planning programs and modules
- Preparation of different reports related to programs
- Visit other agencies, training programs, and workshops to learn important skills and knowledge relevant to BSLD project’s objectives and use them in its existing projects
- Visit project locations/Project Partners/Self Help Groups for follow-ups and to check the effectiveness of Heifer’s existing Social Capital programs and contents and then customize the content, delivery, and materials for more effectiveness
B. Strengthening of social capital in SHGs, PMCs, PIMCs and FPOs (40%)
- Strengthen SHGs in the BSLD projects through program activities
- Ensure community mobilization for group formation, timely savings and credit, inter-loaning and planning at the SHG level
- Timely pass on of physical and training inputs from OG to POG groups.
- Support information and strengthen PMC and PIMCs in planning, monitoring and logistic support of project activities
- Mobilization of the community for joining the FPOs and strengthening of social capital in FPO through Cornerstone’s training and PSRP
- Monitor program implementation progress with respect to training & social capital and give input where necessary based on quality improvement.
- Train and build capacity of Heifer and partner staff on training and facilitation skills
C. May perform other job-related duties as assigned/ requested (15%)
- Other tasks and assignments as requested
Master’s degree in Social Work, Rural Development or extension education with 6 years’ experience in imparting training or education with an interest in community development work with in-depth knowledge in group mobilization and development, social capital development, gender, and participatory methodologies. A desire to impart know-how especially using adult teaching methods, design curriculum and make modules for imparting training, etc.
Most Critical Proficiencies
- Knowledgeable of and experience related to training and adult learning methodologies.
- Expertise in making training and Information Education and Communication materials.
- Knowledge of and experience with or within community organizations.
- Fluent in Hindi, English, spoken as well as written.
- Good leadership qualities.
- Good communication skills.
- Have an interest in animal/agriculture-based Community development.
- Excellent organizational skills including strong attention to details.
- Skills with Microsoft Office packages, internet browser and other appropriate technology.
Essential Job Functions and Physical Demands
- Motivated to work responsibly with little supervision.
- Ability to meet and deal with others in a courteous and tactful manners.
- Demonstrate a high degree of honesty and integrity.