Job ID 519
The position will lead in the digital transformation for Heifer Project International Kenya. As an established digital professional, you will have the skills to influence at every level, imparting your digital knowledge and skills in a constructive, empowering, and collaborative way. Working closely with our Communication officers and program teams , you will be the driving force behind our organization's digital transformation.
- Drive digital innovation and serve as a cross-functional change agent across the organization
- Set and implement digital strategy by working with cross-functional partners to map and transition traditional processes to digital ones
- Be a digital evangelist, championing the use of digital technology and practices to engender a digital mindset from the top down
- Ensure collaboration, knowledge sharing, and digital best practices between partners and colleagues to help embed a robust digital ecosystem
- Measure return on investment (ROI) on digital projects, fine-tuning approaches as needed to ensure we're investing in the right tools and resources
Provide support in the role out of the digital transformation (60%)
- Provides support for the implementation of the Heifer Project International – Kenya digital platform.
- Support the implementation of a clearly-defined and compelling digital strategy for Heifers Kenya programs
- Ensure that all relevant digital initiatives are fully integrated into the strategic-planning process for leadership commitment, resource allocation and execution
- Provides support for the implementation of the Digital Innovation Strategy, aiming at better-informed country planning through quality data; better informed digital support for systems transformation; and inclusive digital agriculture ecosystems;
- Work with teams across the business to generate innovative digital solutions for products, services, processes, customer experiences, marketing channels, and business models
Capacity development (30%)
- Assists in building awareness and capacity amongst Heifer Staff on data/digital agriculture;
- Build, manage and continue to grow an internal and external digital innovation ecosystem
- Work closely with HR to attract and retain top talent, and to build digital capabilities across the company
Monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEAL) (10%)
- Undertakes and supports monitoring and evaluation of implemented projects and activities;
- Analyses relevant technical data and/or statistics for input in various documents;
- Maintains records, update databases (e.g. the digital knowledge repository
- University degree in agricultural economics, information and communication technologies for development and related areas.
- Min 5 years’ experience in a similar role designing and launching digital platforms
- Proven track record of leading successful digital transformation projects
- Understand core business processes and associated technical solutions
- Have an innovative and disruptive mindset, constantly looking forward
- Experience managing and leading a digital team
- Proven influencing and collaboration skills
- One year of relevant experience in digital agriculture and data management.
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Extent and relevance of experience in digital agriculture, addressing for example: advisory services, market linkages, financial services, data management, use of geospatial technologies, blockchain, artificial intelligence, drone use in agriculture, etc.
- Experience with management of online interactions is considered an asset.
Work experience in more than one location or area of work, particularly in field positions is desirable.