Sr. Staff Engineer - Operations / Infrastructure
Gigamon, recently certified as a Great Place to Work, helps the world’s leading organizations run fast, stay secure and innovate. We provide the industry’s first elastic visibility and analytics fabric, which closes the cloud visibility gap by enabling cloud tools to see the network and network tools to see the cloud. With visibility across their entire hybrid cloud network, organizations can improve customer experience, eliminate security blind spots, and reduce cost and complexity. Gigamon has been awarded over 90 technology patents and enjoys world-class customer satisfaction with more than 4,000 organizations, including over 80 percent of the Fortune 100 and hundreds of government and educational organizations worldwide.
Gigamon ThreatINSIGHT is an enterprise network security product focused on providing capabilities that empower our customers to detect and track adversaries in real-time.
Our mission is to use the power of information to detect, track and dismantle hackers' means of attacking our customers. Our team has seen all sides of the equation, as attackers and defenders, in addition to the complex engineering required to solve these problems at scale. Our software helps security professionals get an unparalleled view into their networks, perform forensics on security incidents and build effective early warning systems.
Senior Staff Ops and Infrastructure Engineers play a lead role in architecting and deploying scalable, resilient, and secure infrastructure, having a direct impact in the success of Gigamon moving forward. As a member of the Gigamon Operations & Infrastructure team you will operate in a fast-paced environment, collaborating with engineers and developers.
Core Job Role
- Architect, implement, and maintain production infrastructure
- Work in a DevOps methodology, identify and address operational issues before they become reality
- Quickly triage and resolve incidents, act as primary point of contact and escalation
- Monitoring and telemetry of multi-tiered services, producing actionable alerts
- Administration of GNU/Linux systems, network devices, and sensors
- Implement & evangelize security best practices
- Maintain documentation and provide mentorship to Jr. infrastructure engineers
- Automation of lifecycle management, physical data center and AWS
- 8+ years of experience of UNIX systems administration
- 2+ years of experience in network administration
- Experience with change management software, Puppet is preferred
- Experience in design and implementation of continuous delivery environments and tooling
- Experience designing, implementing, and maintaining multi-tiered applications
- Familiarity with the server oriented open-source eco-sphere
- Familiarity with the Hashicorp Suite (vault, packer, consul) of products is a plus
- Experience managing a colo and/or on-prem and AWS infrastructure
- Remote work available within Ontario and Quebec Canada or US Remote
- Available for on call rotation schedule