Technical Writer I
Gigamon is seeking a self-motivated individual to join the Technical Publications team in providing customer documentation for its highly acclaimed Visibility product portfolio. The individual will work closely with Product Managers, Development Engineers, QA and Solutions Engineers to develop and deliver customer documentation.
As part of a dynamic cross-functional team, the candidate will thrive in helping to improve the customer experience by delivering high-quality documentation for Gigamon products.
- Develop customer documentation for Hardware and Software, CLI and GUI-based documentation.
- Follow documentation standards and best practices.
- Participate in Engineering specification reviews.
- Provide documentation on time and in line with product release dates.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in technical writing.
- Passion for producing customer-facing instructional content that is accurate, concise, and easy to understand.
- Self-starter who can multi-task, seek out information on assigned tasks in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment.
- Proficiency with PC Desktop tools.
- Exposure to MadCap Flare, Madcap Central, Adobe Acrobat, Confluence
- Exposure to XML documentation, HTML5, and CSS.
Nice to have:
- Technical background in networking and/or network security products.