Business Development Representative
Gigamon, was recently certified as a Great Place to Work and helps the world’s leading organizations run fast, stay secure and innovate. We provide the industry’s first elastic visibility and analytics fabric, which closes the cloud visibility gap by enabling cloud tools to see the network and network tools to see the cloud. With visibility across their entire hybrid cloud network, organizations can improve customer experience, eliminate security blind spots, and reduce cost and complexity. Gigamon has been awarded over 90 technology patents and enjoys world-class customer satisfaction with more than 4,000 organizations, including over 80 percent of the Fortune 100 and hundreds of government and educational organizations worldwide.
Business Development Rep (BDR)
We are looking for a successful Business Development Representative (BDR) to join our growing inside sales teams based in our Santa Clara Headquarters. Currently, the role is remote and WFH.
• You’ll act as a liaison between prospects and our marketing & sales teams and you’ll have the responsibility for driving targeted, outbound prospecting activities into a set of assigned accounts. Think of yourself as a key extension of the sales team with a main focus of identifying, developing new business opportunities and creating pipeline for the Regional Sales Directors.
• You will be responsible for developing leads for marketing campaigns and meeting quotas of Sales Qualified Opportunities (SQOs), quarter over quarter, and year over year. This will require you to tap into your amazing prospecting skills as you generate qualified leads primarily through outbound phone, email and social efforts. You know it’s a numbers game and this will motivate you!
• In order to be successful, you will know how to prospect, research, qualify and set up meetings for our sales team. Being highly motivated with an ambitious, can-do attitude will help you identify and develop new business prospects as well as generate pipeline.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
• Use phone, email and other sales & marketing tools to contact potential customers to generate interest in Gigamon solutions. Drive high levels of outbound activity of 100+ touches a day (call, email and social selling)
• Qualify all prospects, set meetings, create opportunities, and substantially contribute to pipeline growth.
• Maintain records of all prospecting activity within SalesForce.com and SalesLoft.
• Handle incoming leads for designated territory including follow up on virtual campaigns, webinars, trade shows, regional events, and other campaigns.
• Work closely with RSD’s to create and execute a territory prospecting plan and meet pipeline objectives.
• Remain knowledgeable and up to date on Gigamon’s value prop, messaging/positioning, product roadmap, industry changes, and competitive landscape.
• Regularly update sales teams including marketing and product marketing teams with prospect and campaign information and feedback.
• Participate in marketing’s field/virtual events and shows, pulling prospective customers, and scheduling meetings.
Education / Experience:
• 2-3 years of successful quota carrying experience in a business/sales development role preferable in IT networking, and/or security.
• Strong verbal and written communication, and able to articulate corporate pitch, potential client challenges and solutions.
• Must be independent, self-motivated and success-driven, yet willing to work within a team environment.
• Enthusiastic and a self-starting with a growth mindset.
• Team player, able to work closely with marketing and with the sales team members.
• Experienced with SFDC, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Zoom/WebEx conferencing tools.
• Proficiency with SalesLoft, DiscoverOrg, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, and Seamless.ai a plus!
• Ability to hear and speak clearly to communicate over the phone or while using Zoom/Webex video-conference software.
• Four-year college degree preferred.