Sr. Software Engineer - C/C++
Gigamon provides active visibility. Having the industry's first Security Delivery Platform, GigaSECURE®, and the Visibility Fabric™, an intelligent architecture for enterprises, data centers, and service providers around the globe, Gigamon's technology empowers security and infrastructure architects, managers, and operators with pervasive and dynamic intelligent visibility of traffic across both physical and virtual environments without affecting the performance of the production network. Through patented technologies and centralized management, the Gigamon GigaVUE portfolio of high availability and high-density products intelligently delivers the appropriate network traffic to visibility, analysis, compliance, and security tools. Gigamon has been designing and building traffic visibility products since 2004. Our solutions are deployed globally across vertical markets, including over half of the Fortune 100, many government and federal agencies, and Service Providers. We are seeking a Software Engineer for our GigaSMART team. The candidate will be part of a dynamic team responsible for architecting, designing, and implementing visibility and security solutions for Service Providers using EPC and 5GC technologies. The candidate will work with cross-functional groups to contribute to product specifications, software architecture, and design. The successful candidate must be comfortable working in a very fast-paced environment.
We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer for our GigaSMART team. The candidate will be part of a dynamic team responsible for architecting, designing, and implementing security and transport-related technologies on embedded and cloud platforms. The candidate will work with cross-functional groups to contribute to product specifications, software architecture, and design. The successful candidate must be comfortable working in a very fast-paced environment.
- Help develop innovative network security solutions to expand the Gigamon portfolio
- Contribute to overall product requirements, architecture, and design
- Propose designs/solutions to meet requirements for new products
- Conduct feasibility analysis for proposed solutions
- Produce functional specifications and design documents
- Minimum BS/CS with 1-3 years of software development experience in Networking Software architecture and Design.
- Good in C/C++ coding.
- A good understanding of L2 and L3 protocols is desired
- Good understanding of networking protocols, especially TCP/IP and SSL/TLS.
- Experience with multi-core, multi-process/multi-threaded systems
- Experience in or understanding public and private cloud environments, including ESXi, NSX-T, AWS, Azure, GCP, OpenStack, and Kubernetes.
- Knowledge of Proxy, Firewalls, IDS, IPS, Data protection, Deep Packet Inspection (DPI), NETFLOW, and IPFIX is a plus.
- Experience developing system-level software in Linux/Unix development environment
- Knowledge of software-based packet handling.
- Strong written/oral communication skills and strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated individual with the ability to work in a high-achieving team or independently.
The base salary compensation range targeted for this role based out of Gigamon’s Santa Clara, CA Headquarters office is [$100,000 - $130,000], with an opportunity to earn an annual bonus or commission (subject to terms and conditions of the plan). This salary range is an estimate, and the actual salary may vary based on the Company’s compensation practices.
Employees in this position are eligible to participate in the Company’s standard employee benefit programs, which currently include health insurance, health savings accounts, life, AD&D, disability, 401(k) plan with company matching contributions, paid time off (holidays, vacation, and sick), tuition reimbursement, employee assistance program (EAP), business travel accident insurance, employee discounts, and employee referral program. Additionally, employees in this position are eligible to participate in the Profit Interest Units plan.