Sr. Staff SW Engineer - Gigasmart
We are seeking a Senior Staff SW Software Engineer for our GigaSMART team. The candidate will be working as part of a dynamic team and be responsible for architecting, designing, and implementing security and transport-related technologies. The candidate will work with cross-functional groups to contribute to product specifications, software architecture, and design. The successful candidate must be comfortable working in a very fast-paced environment.
- Help develop innovative network security solutions to expand Gigamon portfolio
- Contribute to overall product requirements, architecture, and design
- Propose designs/solutions to meet requirements for new products
- Conduct feasibility analysis for proposed solutions
- Produce functional specifications and design documents
- Mentor junior engineers in software development, technology, and processes
- Minimum MSEE/CS with 8+ years of software development experience in Networking Software architecture and Design.
- Expert in C/C++ coding.
- Good understanding of L2 and L3 protocols is desired
- Hands-on experience in networking protocols especially TCP/IP, SSL/TLS.
- Experience with Network processors platforms like Cavium/EZchip/Broadcom.
- Hands-on experience with multi-core, multi-process/multi-threaded systems
- Experience in Proxy, Firewalls, IDS, IPS, Data protection, Deep Packet Inspection (DPI) is a plus.
- Experience with NETFLOW, IPFIX is a Plus.
- Experience developing system-level software in Linux/Unix development environment
- Experience contributing at all stages of software development life-cycle.
- Experience in software-based packet handling.
- Proven successful technical experience in Network technologies
- Excellent written/oral communication skills and strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated individual with the ability to work in a high-achieving team or independently.