Laboratory Team Lead
We are currently looking to hire a Team Lead - Health Services in London, Ontario. This is a Permanent Full-Time (benefit eligible) opportunity.
Reporting to the LHSC Manager, you will be responsible for reviewing day to day operations of the LHSC location(s) which include location workflow, client services and overseeing occupational health and safety within assigned site(s). You will be required to perform the duties of a Laboratory Assistant which include obtaining blood samples and other specimens from patients for diagnostic testing.
- Oversee day to day operations at the location and escalate issues or concerns to the LHSC manager.
- Provide technical & operations subject-matter-expertise to support employees
- Contribute to the training or new and where required employees
- Utilize wait time measurements and technology to make recommendations to reduce patient wait-time and bottlenecks
- Ensure prompt and courteous customer service to all internal and external clients
- Report to and support LHSC manager in investigation, documentation, and implementation of preventative measures for all workplace accidents, injuries and hazards
- Ensure location is always audit and inspection ready
- Perform Lab Assistant duties as required
- Responsible for obtaining blood and other specimens from patients in order for the company to perform medical tests requested by the client
- Perform ECG’s, Holter Hookups and Pulmonary Functions
- Recommend changes to maintain high levels of productivity in conjunction with the leadership of the regional manager
- Assist regional manager in coordinating workflow and scheduling as instructed
- Ensure all necessary documentation is collected and specimens are properly processed
- Ensure the wellbeing of the patient within the scope of training of Dynacare
- Ensure that standards for technical efficiency, quality control, MOH and other government regulations are adhered to
- Provide customer and patient centric care while demonstrating Dynacare’s core values of Compassion, Ingenuity, Accountability, Collaboration and Customer Focus
- Highlight quality related errors to meet operational targets to the Regional Manager
- Contribute towards Dynacare’s learning and knowledge-based culture by sharing in the responsibility of training and skill development of team members as requested
- Calibration of equipment as indicated in the ONPSC/NQSP
- Must have 3 to 5 years related experience working in a laboratory environment
- Working knowledge of laboratory best practices and competent in all collection techniques
- Excellent command of English/and or French were applicable
- Certification of BAT/DOT and bilingualism are assets
- Proficient with GD related software applications including EOE, Omnitech, Telemed, AS400, and Outlook
- Sound knowledge of the MOH, OLA and OAML legislation and guidelines
- Proficient in MS office, excellent computer and keyboarding skills
- Lean Six Sigma/Change management-training preferred
DNA of an Ideal Dynacare Employee
I make a difference in people’s lives. I am a caring, collaborative team-player who is passionate about quality and continuous improvement.
- Caring - I demonstrate strong empathy and genuine concern for my colleagues, patients and customers.
- Collaborative Team Player - I know I play a key role in helping the Dynacare team achieve success. I am comfortable in a changing environment, and I can easily manage multiple priorities.
- Passion for Quality and Continuous Improvement - I am always looking to learn and solve problems. I am detailed oriented, adaptable and find ways to make things better.
Dynacare has been a “Top Employer” for many years and there is a reason why. We are a great place to work.
At Dynacare, we’re proud to hire the best people. If you are looking for a meaningful career where you can support healthy lives with commitment and care – we would like to meet you. To apply for this position, you will be asked to submit your resume and complete the application process.
If your qualifications and experience fit with this position, we will contact you to learn more. We offer competitive pay and great benefits, along with the opportunity to grow and thrive with a dynamic, successful company. We hope you will join us in our journey to become Canada’s health and wellness solutions leader.
Dynacare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to the attraction, selection, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals. We believe that our diversity is our strength so we employ a diverse workforce and respect the needs of all our employees.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Dynacare Accommodation Policy a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the Dynacare hiring process.