Corporate Event Planner
Credible Behavioral Health Software is a leading Behavioral Health Enterprise Software company based in Rockville, MD and providing an Electronic Health Record (EHR) to the growing US Behavioral Health market. Recognized by Inc. as one of the 5000 Fastest Growing Companies in America, Credible is expanding our Rockville, MD based team. For Credible, our Mission is paramount and central to our success: Improving the quality of care and lives in Behavioral Health for clients, families, providers, and management. If you are interested in combining a mission driven position with a fast paced, results oriented culture, please apply today!
Overall Responsibility for Event Planner:
- Manage and coordinate all Credible internal and external-facing events, including trade shows, Partner activities, and employee events;
- Aggressively gather and analyze information on each project to achieve quality event productions and growth each year.
- Work with Marketing Manager to ensure visual materials integrate the brand/message across all events.
Success Defined for Event Planner:
- Produce and manage high-quality internal and external events, while ensuring consistent brand identities are maintained across all events.
- Ability to accomplish projects with little direction.
- Regarded as a strong manager, team player by colleagues and models company values and culture.
Initial Key Drivers for Event Planner:
- Ownership of Event Management Process (Resource Scheduling, Budget, Policy and Procedures)
- Budget: Work with Marketing Manager to prepare annual event budgets. Provide monthly budget reports and accruals. Manage expenses per event to ensure spend meets forecasting. Process and track invoices and payments.
- Schedule: Research trade shows and provide recommendations to achieve quality event productions. Compile yearly event calendars.
- Vendor Management: Negotiate and process vendor contracts including sponsorship packages, exhibit space and labor needs. Manage vendor relationships to maximize value. Serve as liaison with vendors on event-related matters. Prepare and modify event contracts as requested.
- Policy and Procedure: Work with Marketing Manager to develop and implement post-show reporting, ROI measures and debrief materials, continually develop and implement processes and procedures for event management tools.
- External Event Participation: Manage from inception through execution.
- Contracting: Work with Marketing Manager to develop relationships with sponsoring organizations. Leverage relationships to negotiate contracts and exhibit placement. Prepare budgets and provide progress reports for each event.
- Planning: Lead trade show planning sessions with internal clients. Provide recommendations and direction to align goals, messaging and content. Organize and distribute notes and action items. Identify, address and determine when roadblocks need to be addressed with senior staff.
- Managing: Coordinate all event logistics including travel arrangements, exhibit needs, giveaways, supplies, food and beverage and technical needs.
- Training: Prepare event training materials and briefing books. Create and facilitate training sessions with sales staff and on-site team.
- On-site Support: Manage on-site production at key trade shows, including exhibit build and tear-down, technical needs, staff orientation and work with show vendors to ensure successful build and event.
- Post-Show Evaluation: Provide post-show wrap up and executive summary report highlighting target goals and achievements.
- Internal Event Participation: Manage from inception through execution.
- Conduct research, make site visits, and identify resources for future events. Leverage relationships to negotiate contracts.
- Prepare budgets and provide progress reports for each event.
- Lead planning sessions with internal clients. Provide recommendations and direction to align goals, messaging and content. Organize and distribute notes and action items. Identify, address and determine when roadblocks need to be addressed with senior staff.
- Coordinate all event logistics including travel arrangements, exhibit needs, giveaways, supplies, food and beverage and technical needs.
- Provide post-show wrap up and executive summary report highlighting target goals and achievements.
- Brand Ambassador:
- Understand and maintain brand continuity.
- Serve as the Creative Steward and diplomat to various internal departments.
- Meet regularly with internal clients to establish and strengthen relationships.
- Coordinate with Marketing Manager to guarantee marketing products are produced AND available for distribution.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 10+ years working as an Event Manager in a corporate environment.
- Bachelor’s degree; experience in lieu of education will be considered for right candidate.
- Strong project management skills with demonstrated ability to multi-task and set priorities within tight timelines, budget and high client expectations.
- Excellent communication skills, including writing, proof reading skills, and speaking.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work assignments from a variety of staff and volunteers.
- Excellent interpersonal skills both in person and by phone, with high professionalism.
- Fantastic customer service ethic and high expectations for quality and detail.
- Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements
- Flexible and open to changing priorities and managing multiple tasks simultaneously within compressed time frames.
- Knowledge and experience in the MS Office and iOS environments, Constant Contacts, Cvent, Eventbrite.
Credible is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.