Sr. Quality Assurance Software Engineer
Credible Behavioral Health Software is a leading Behavioral Health Enterprise Software company based in Rockville, MD and providing an Electronic Health Record (EHR) to the growing US Behavioral Health market. With several years of double-digit growth, Credible is expanding our team in our Rockville, MD office and nationally. Credible’s Mission is paramount and central to our success: Improving the quality of care and lives in behavioral health for clients, families and providers. If you are interested in combining a mission driven position with a fast paced, results oriented culture, please apply today.
Overall Responsibility for Quality Assurance Engineer:
- Developing and executing comprehensive test plans
- Performing test cases to verify functionality, data integrity, security, and overall usability.
- Delivering quality work while operating as a team player while valuing Credible’s mission and culture.
Success Defined for Quality Assurance Engineer:
- Work closely with Software Developers and other QA Engineers to deliver the high quality products in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Successfully test Credible's web-based enterprise software solution, including but not limited to manual functional testing, systems integration testing, user acceptance testing, performance testing, browser compatibility, and security testing.
Initial Key Drivers for Quality Assurance Engineer:
- Learn and master Credible's Software including:
- Create, maintain, and execute comprehensive test plans and test cases against our hardware and software platforms based on an analysis of the requirements, user stories, use cases, and technical design specifications.
- Ensure coverage of the software requirements through traceability.
- Plan test schedules or strategies in accordance with project scope or delivery dates.
- Accurately execute assigned test specifications and document test results.
- Provide best estimate of test efforts.
- Analyze and communicate test results in a professional manner.
- Successfully monitor and track bug resolutions efforts in a timely manner.
- Assist with the development of automated testing.
- Participate in product design reviews to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules, or potential problems.
- Manage the life-cycle of a defect and participate in defect triage meetings.
- Provide useful assistance to others that are assigned to investigate defects.
- Provide comprehensive and constructive feedback and recommendations to developers on software usability and functionality.
- Proactively review requirements with developers and other QA engineers for consistency and accuracy.
- Participate in the use of established test processes and methodologies.
- Work with other departmental staff to achieve QA team objectives.
- Thorough and accurate time tracking.
- Additional software functionality and services as they are developed.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years of experience in Software Quality Assurance.
- Experience testing web and mobile applications, web services and desktop-based systems.
- Experience with all phases of software testing (Functional, Integration, Regression, User Acceptance, and Release Management).
- Waterfall or Agile and Scrum methodology experience.
- Candidate must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to work with both internal and external customers.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple projects and timelines with minimal supervision.
- Ability to independently drive processes.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience with requirements reviews with product analysts, developers, QA Engineers, and other stakeholders.
- Experience with finding the root cause of defects in a complex Enterprise environment.
- In-depth knowledge of test planning, test case creation and test case execution.
- Solid experience with software technologies including: .NET, C#, HTML and XML.
- Solid experience with MS SQL databases and MS SQL scripting.
- Knowledge of Coded UI a plus.
- Must be authorized to work lawfully in the United States
- We will not sponsor applicants for work visas