Software Development Manager - Maintenance Team
Credible Behavioral Health Software is a leading Behavioral Health Enterprise Software company based in Rockville, MD and providing an Electronic Health Record (EHR) to the growing US Behavioral Health market. Recognized by Deloitte as one of the 500 fastest growing companies in North America (see Deloitte Fast 500) and Inc. as one of the Top 50 Companies to work for, Credible is expanding our Rockville, MD based team. For Credible, our Mission is paramount and central to our success: Improving the quality of care and lives in behavioral health for clients, families and providers. If you are interested in combining a mission driven position with a fast paced, results oriented culture, please apply today.
As the Development Manager of the Maintenance Team, you will be responsible for managing resources devoted to issue backlog and technical debt. This includes determining workload, working with support and product teams to determine priority and measuring productivity against corporate, issue eradication, goals.
Overall Responsibility Development Manager – Maintenance Team
Manage all development resources focused on issue backlog ensuring adherence to standards and quality of deliverable. Determine appropriate throughput levels and track teams progress on issue eradication. Establish SLAs for issue resolution based on priority and track the team’s effectiveness to those goals.
Success Defined for the Development Manager – Maintenance Team
- Estimate level of effort for given activities
- Run planning and stand-up meetings
- Perform code reviews
- Meet with other development managers and teams to review interdependency of all projects
- Balance new requests against technical backlog
- Communicate standards and common approaches for feature/function reuse
Initial Key Drivers:
- Work as part of the development leadership team reviewing projects for completeness and conformity to standards
- Manage development technical backlog and newly reported issues
- Communicate standards and best practices
Other Position Requirements:
- Good written and oral communications skills.
- Must have ability to work with patience, courtesy, and efficiency.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to think quickly and logically to ensure solutions identified.
- Strong attention to detail and follow-through skills.
- 7+ years of experience developing in a .Net technical stack
- Previous experience as a lead or manager.
- Previous experiences managing development teams in an agile environment.
- Previous experience managing outsourced projects/teams
- Bachelor’s degree required.
The following skills and experience are a plus:
- Behavioral health experience
- Working with remote teams
- .Net development environment
- Agile development process
- Experience with cloud of SaaS implementations, EHR/EMR implementations.