Chief Agri is seeking a Buyer to join the Chief team. This position is responsible for purchasing and coordinating the smooth flow of assigned raw materials and components to our company.
- Maintain a smooth flow of raw materials, buyouts, and components to meet manufacturing demand. This is accomplished in part by reviewing demand and setting safety stocks based on historical data.
- Negotiate, renegotiate, and administer contracts for designated materials and services. Evaluate and monitor contract performance to ensure compliance with contractual obligations and to determine need for changes.
- Establish accurate materials costing.
- Monitor shipments to ensure that goods come in on time, and resolve problems related to undelivered goods. Confer with staff and vendors to discuss defective or unacceptable goods or services and determine corrective action.
- Research and evaluate suppliers, based on price, quality, selection, service, support, availability, reliability, production and distribution capacities, and the supplier’s reputation and history. Maintain multiple vendor resources for stock materials. Build relationships with our various suppliers.
Qualifications and Skill Requirements:
- Advanced computer skills and experience using Microsoft Office products required.
- Three or more years’ experience in purchasing, procurement, and supply chain management preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred.
- Experience using an ERP system ideal.
Putting the needs of customers first has taken Chief Industries, Inc. from a small construction company in 1954, to a highly diverse company with a reputation for manufacturing quality products and offering unparalleled customer service. Through its many divisions and subsidiaries, Chief Industries employs over 1,400 skilled and dedicated employees who produce a wide variety of products, many of which are used around the world.
A division of Chief Industries, Chief Agri originated in 1961 and offers a full line of aeration and material handling products to help grain producers minimize storage costs and maximize the selling price of their commodities. Manufactured to exacting standards using heavy-duty materials and innovative designs, Chief grain conditioning, handling, and storage systems are sold throughout the world and have a reputation for providing many long years of dependable service.
This full-time position is eligible for full company benefits, including
- Paid vacation and PTO policies
- Paid holidays
- Medical, dental, vision, and life Insurance
- Wellness program
- 401(k) retirement with company match
- Disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- And much more.