Registered Nurse - Home Health
*************SIGNING BONUS $5,000****************
The Center for Elders’ Independence is a PACE (Program of All-Inclusive Care for the elderly) organization that uses an interdisciplinary team approach to care planning and care implementation for the purpose of providing high quality, affordable, integrated health care services to the elderly, including an Adult Day Health Center, and promoting autonomy, quality of life and the ability of individuals to live in their communities.
The Home Care Coordinator RN Position: Under the direction and supervision of the Director of Home Care Services, the Registered Nurse - Home Health, conducts periodic in-person assessments, conducts supervisory visits, provides skilled nursing care to participants, implements primary care orders, evaluates participant complaints in person and/or by telephone, develops appropriate plans of care, provide participant, caregiver, and family teaching and communicates participant’s condition to primary care givers, physician, and multidisciplinary team.
* $5K SIGNING BONUS OFFERED*
RN HOME HEALTH DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The Registered Nurse - Home Health participates in multidisciplinary team; is responsible for care assessment, planning, and management of in-home care and home health care needs. This includes ongoing assessment of home environment in relation to changing needs of the participant.
- As a Registered Nurse - Home Health you will manage the initial and periodic assessments on participants as assigned.
- Registered Nurse - Home Health is responsible for presentation of any changes to the Interdisciplinary Team (IDT) for discussion and approval of any proposed change in the Plan of Care.
- Provides direct nursing care in the home. Develops and implements nursing care plan as needed and arranges for needed nursing equipment and supplies.
- The Registered Nurse - Home Health provides on-site supervision and instruction of Home Care Aides in the participant's home. Makes supervisory visit to each participant with a Home Care Aide every two months at home.
- Visits Residential Care Facilities for the Elderly (RCFE’s) or Nursing Homes as directed by the IDT to provide skilled care, or training for staff in the care of participants.
- Aides and instructs family and other caregivers in care and safety of participants in their homes.
- The Registered Nurse - Home Health develops working relationships with Home Care Aides and treats them with dignity and respect, and responds to their concerns in a timely manner.
- The Registered Nurse - Home Health attends team meetings, Home Care meetings, family conferences, and other meetings as required by the site or the Agency.
- All other reasonably related jobs as assigned.
- Participates in continuing education classes and any required staff and training meetings. Maintains professional affiliations and any required certifications.
- Available for on-call response if needed to respond to emergency concerns.
- The Registered Nurse - Home Health documents all participant and family contact accurately and on time in the participant medical record.
- Participates in the agencies Quality Assurance and Performance Improvement program (QAPI) as assigned.
- Maintains the confidentiality of all company procedures, results, and information about participants or families.
- Follows all CEI Policies and Procedures.
- Complies with all agency training requirements.
- Maintains safe working environment by following CEI’s safety P&Ps.
- Maintains a courteous, helpful, and professional attitude on the job. Displays a willingness and ability to be responsive to all customer groups.
- Performs other duties as assigned in a positive and helpful manner.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE REGISTERED NURSE - HOME HEALTH:
- Registered nurse with a current California license with one year of experience in a home health agency, primary care clinic, or health facility.
- Have sufficient background knowledge and expertise in clinical decision-making for the participant population of the agency to meet their needs.
- Supervision experience and knowledge of home health agency protocol preferred.
- Flexibility, initiative, and ability to work with an interdisciplinary team.
- Current CPR certification and First Aid training.
- Valid California driver's license with access to a reliable vehicle for home visits
- Maintains eligibility for licensure by obtaining required Continuing Educational units.
- Broad knowledge base of normal and abnormal disease processes of the frail elderly. Knowledge of medical equipment and instruments.
- Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish a safe work and living environment.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision. Skilled in identifying problems and recommending solutions.
- Skilled in establishing and maintaining effective work relationships with participants, medical staff, staff members, and family caregivers
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work as a team player in a multi-cultural, multi-disciplinary setting.
What’s in it for you: We offer a $ 1,000 sign on bonus for the Registered Nurse - Home Health position! In addition, CEI offers a robust benefits package that includes, but is not limited to: medical, dental, vision and much more! We work in a great environment that promotes work-life balance, and the best part is, we make a remarkable impact on our participants lives every single day!
This is what our employees say about working at CEI:
“I really appreciate working in such a positive, caring environment. The things I like most about my job are my dedicated colleagues, the strength of the participants, and the opportunity to become a better clinician.”
“I love my job and what it stands for – TEAM: Together Everyone Achieves More.”
“CEI is a great organization and it is an honor to be a part of this wonderful team.”
Center for Elders’ Independence is a PACE (Program of All- Inclusive Care for the Elderly) organization that uses an interdisciplinary team approach to care planning and care implementation for the purpose of providing high quality, affordable, integrated health care services to the elderly, including an Adult Day Health Center, and promoting autonomy, quality of life and the ability of individuals to live in their communities. Unlike other healthcare plans, CEI is not a "fee-for-service" plan. It is a a “capitation” healthcare plan. CEI is paid a set amount for each person enrolled in our program, whether or not that individual seeks care. We are a growing company that offers stability and continues to thrive.