Physical Therapist Assistant
Physical Therapist Assistant
The rate range for the PT Asst position at Center For Elders Independence is $ 29.76/hr to $ 44.63/hr. Wages/salary are based on the market for the PT Asst position, as well as experience, skills, abilities and work history
The Center for Elders’ Independence is a PACE (Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly) organization that uses an interdisciplinary team approach to care planning and care implementation for the purpose of providing high quality, affordable, integrated health care services to the elderly, including an Adult Day Health Center, and promoting autonomy, quality of life and the ability of individuals to live in their communities.
The Position: Under the supervision of the Rehabilitation Supervisor and the instruction of the Physical Therapist, The Physical Therapist Assistant provides restorative and rehabilitative services in conjunction with the total plan of care.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist the physical therapist in carrying out a plan of care to maximize participants’ ability to be independent balanced against their ability to be safe.
- As directed by the Physical Therapist, treats participants to relieve pain, develop or restore function and maintain maximum performance, using physical means such as exercise, soft tissue and joint mobilization, functional training, gait training, neuromuscular re-education, heat, sound, water, light, or electricity
- Reports progress and any changes in participant status to the Physical Therapist.
- Instructs participants and caregivers in the care and use of wheelchairs, braces, walkers, crutches, canes, assistive/adaptive equipment and prosthetic and orthotic devices. Is able to identify common problems and make minor adjustment and/or repairs to facilitate optimum use and safety.
- Orders and delivers items such as minor DME to participants’ residences or between centers.
- Assists with and/or runs groups as directed by a Physical Therapist.
- Provides in services training to other members of the health team.
- Documents thoroughly, accurately, and timely, and in accordance with Physical Therapy practice standards and CEI policy.
- Maintains department in a clean and orderly manner. Ensures supplies are ordered and ready. Keeps equipment in good working condition.
- Maintains the confidentiality of all company procedures, results, and information about participants, clients or families regardless of setting.
- Handles potentially infectious specimens with appropriate biohazard precautions, and practices Standard precautions.
- Maintains a safe working environment. Follows CEI’s Safety Policies and Procedures.
- Maintains a courteous, helpful and professional attitude on the job. Displays a willingness and ability to be responsive to all customer groups.
- Performs other duties as assigned in a positive and helpful manner.
- Required, a minimum of an Associate’s degree and is a graduate of a Physical Therapy Assistant program approved by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education.
- Required, currently licensed as a Physical Therapy Assistant by the Physical Therapy Board of California.
- Preferred, one (1) year experience working as a licensed Physical Therapy Assistant with the frail elderly population.
- Required, current CPR and First Aid certification on file.
- A valid California driver’s license, current vehicle insurance, and access to a reliable vehicle is required.
- Ability to travel to multiple work sites and participants’ residences, required.
- Frequent sitting, walking, computer work, neck rotation
- Occasional standing, kneeling, squatting, climbing, balancing, pushing/pulling, reaching, gripping, pinching
- Occasional lifting up to 10 lbs to/from floor, waist, shoulder, overhead; carrying at waist height
- Occasional lifting 11 to 50 lb to/from floor, waist height and carrying 11 to 50 lb at waist height
- May walk on uneven ground and have exposure to biohazard
The above job description is intended to communicate the general function of the position and by no means shall be considered an exhaustive or complete outline of the specific tasks and functions that will be required. CEI reserves the right to change job descriptions, site assignments, and or work hours as required by the needs of the program. All employees are expected to perform their duties within their ability as required by the job and/or as requested by management.
Center for Elders’ Independence is a PACE (Program of All- Inclusive Care for the Elderly) organization that uses an interdisciplinary team approach to care planning and care implementation for the purpose of providing high quality, affordable, integrated health care services to the elderly, including an Adult Day Health Center, and promoting autonomy, quality of life and the ability of individuals to live in their communities. Unlike other healthcare plans, CEI is not a "fee-for-service" plan. It is a “capitation” healthcare plan. CEI is paid a set amount for each person enrolled in our program, whether or not that individual seeks care. We are a growing company that offers stability and continues to thrive.