Physical Therapist, Per Diem
The Position: Under the supervision of the Rehabilitation Supervisor, the Physical Therapist provides restorative and rehabilitative services in conjunction with the total plan of care.
***This position eligible for 5K Sign On Bonus!!****
The rate range for the PT role at Center For Elders Independence is $ 43.31/hr to $ 64.96/hr. Wages/salary are based on the market for the PT position, as well as experience, skills, abilities and work history
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborates with the primary care provider team and the interdisciplinary team in evaluating agency participants by applying muscle, nerve, joint and functional ability tests.
- In conjunction with the interdisciplinary team, participates in the development and implementation of the participant plan of care to maximize a participant’s ability to be independent, balanced against their ability to be safe.
- Instructs participants and caregivers in the care and use of mobility-related devices such as wheelchairs, braces, crutches, canes, and prosthetic and orthotic devices.
- Works with vendors to obtain rehabilitative equipment and supplies for participants.
- Instructs the interdisciplinary team and family on the participant’s physical therapy program and aspects of physical therapy in which they may work with the participant.
- As directed by the plan of care treats participants to relieve pain, develop or restore function and maintain maximum performance, using physical means, such as exercise, soft tissue and joint mobilization, functional training, gait training, neuromuscular re-education, heat, sound, water, light, or electricity
- Conducts initial assessments of all participants.
- Completes reassessments on participants per CEI policy.
- Observes and records, and reports regularly to the interdisciplinary team, on the participant’s response to physical therapy and any changes in the participant’s condition.
- Instructs, supervises and evaluates therapy program aides in the implementation of the participant’s individualized rehab plan of care.
- Provides in-service training to other members of the health team.
- Attends the interdisciplinary team conferences and actively participates in the development of the plan of care.
- Evaluates participants’ home environments and makes appropriate recommendations as needed.
- Attends continuing education and actively participates in meetings and trainings as required. Maintains required certifications.
- Participates in coordination for 24-hour care delivery to participants.
- Delegates to and monitors the physical therapy care provided by Physical Therapy Assistants as appropriate and in accordance with California regulations.
- Documents thoroughly, accurately, and timely, and in accordance with Physical Therapy practice standards and CEI policy.
- Maintains department in a clean and orderly manner. Ensures supplies are ordered and ready. Keeps equipment in good working condition.
- Maintains the confidentiality of all company procedures, results, and information about participants, clients or families regardless of setting.
- Handles potentially infectious specimens with appropriate biohazard precautions, and practices Standard precautions.
- Maintains a safe working environment. Follows CEI’s Safety Policies and Procedures.
- Maintains a courteous, helpful and professional attitude on the job. Displays a willingness and ability to be responsive to all customer groups.
- Performs other duties as assigned in a positive and helpful manner.
- Possession of a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree and is a graduate of a program of Physical Therapy approved by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education.
- Currently licensed as a Physical Therapist by the Physical Therapy Board of California.
- Preferred, one (1) year of experience working as a Licensed Physical Therapist with the frail elderly population.
- Current CPR and First Aid certification on file.
- A valid California driver’s license, current vehicle insurance, and access to a reliable vehicle is required.
- Ability to travel to multiple work sites and participants’ residences, required.
The above job description is intended to communicate the general function of the mentioned position and by no means shall be considered an exhaustive or complete outline of the specific tasks and functions that will be required. CEI reserves the right to change job descriptions, site assignments, and or work hours as required by the needs of the program. All employees are expected to perform their duties within their ability as required by the job and/or as requested by management.
Center for Elders’ Independence is a PACE (Program of All- Inclusive Care for the Elderly) organization that uses an interdisciplinary team approach to care planning and care implementation for the purpose of providing high quality, affordable, integrated health care services to the elderly, including an Adult Day Health Center, and promoting autonomy, quality of life and the ability of individuals to live in their communities. Unlike other healthcare plans, CEI is not a "fee-for-service" plan. It is a “capitation” healthcare plan. CEI is paid a set amount for each person enrolled in our program, whether or not that individual seeks care. We are a growing company that offers stability and continues to thrive.