Enterprise Application Analyst
Enterprise Applications Analyst
The Center for Elders’ Independence is a PACE (Program of All-Inclusive Care for the elderly) organization that uses an interdisciplinary team approach to care planning and care implementation for the purpose of providing high quality, affordable, integrated health care services to the elderly, including an Adult Day Health Center, and promoting autonomy, quality of life and the ability of individuals to live in their communities.
The Position: The Enterprise Applications Analyst role is to deliver support to the organization about how to use the enterprise applications, manage the administration components of the applications such as security, user setup, report development, system configuration, and data dictionary management. The Enterprise Applications analyst will report to the CIO. Enterprise applications include various types of software programs related to clinical and operational workflow, Claims processing, Marketing, Enterprise Resource Management, transportation, CBAS and other integrated clinical, financial, and operational applications. The goal of the Enterprise Applications Admin responsibilities is to support the users to efficiently and effectively leverage technology in fulfilling the business and clinical objectives. The Admin will also support troubleshooting applications and software for all internal customers, such as operations, clinics, day centers, finance and other business units. The Applications Admin is also responsible for assisting in the design, delivery, and improvement of software applications, recommending best practices for configuration, and configuring the software to meet the needs of the business users. .
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Field incoming problem tickets from end users to resolve application and software issues within servers, databases, and other mission-critical systems.
- Document all pertinent end user identification information, including name, department, contact information, and nature of problem or issue.
- Develop and manage user security matrices by application; manage users’ accounts and access to ePHI and other sensitive information.
- Record, track, and document the problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to final resolution.
- Communicate application problems and issues to key stakeholders, including management, development teams, end users, and unit leaders.
- Test fixes and perform post-resolution follow-ups to ensure problems have been adequately resolved.
- Identify and learn appropriate software applications used and supported by the organization.
- Coordinate with training department to assess users application training needs and objectives.
- Support and provide input into the design, development, and delivery of software applications training programs and individual classes.
- Post software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and frequently asked questions resources on company intranet to assist in problem resolution.
- Provide support for the testing of new and existing software applications under development or consideration for purchase.
- Implement industry best practices in MS SQL including audit and security, database architecture, installation, configuration, performance and administration.
- Perform incident management, configuration and change management, backup and recovery of both internal and external data sources utilized by the organization.
- Supervision of modifications to any existing/legacy database
- Maintain the integrity and performance of company databases
- Develop and maintain services used in application integrations.
- Design integration solutions and document the design in accordance with best practices.
- Coordinate directly with business users and business analyst to best understand and analyze business specifications.
- Evaluate, test and integrate new software and upgrades to existing software.
- Research new applications and/or application features both independently and by management request. Formulate recommendations and implementation plans.
- Establish and maintain an appropriate test environment and execute appropriate application test plans.
- Maintain a high level of current awareness of new technologies and technology trends associated assigned applications and areas of discipline..
- Leads and reviews work of other analysts.
- Oversees the scheduling of database projects, database and transaction log backups, notifications, and database replication
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science, information systems, and/or healthcare informatics and 3-5 years’ work experience in a healthcare environment supporting clinical applications or electronic health records.
- Experience/certification with enterprise and business applications such as Great Plains, Claims Processing system, EDI, Salesforce, Outlook and Microsoft Office
- Experience with report writing tools, database management, and establishing standards for report development and data management
- Proven experience with troubleshooting principles, methodologies, and issue resolution techniques.
- Able to develop and interpret technical documentation for training and end user procedures.
- Knowledge of trends in technology relating to software applications, electronic health records, healthcare information technology (HIT)
- Experience with building and maintaining databases for querying and reports creation.
- Proficient with project management software such as MS software
- Knowledge of network protocols and standards including but not limited to Microsoft Active Directory, TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, WINS and SMTP
- Working knowledge of project management concepts, tools and techniques
- Development experience for shared web services for web or cloud applications
- Development experience using other programming language such as C#, Python, PL/SQL
- ETL development background with SSIS or SQL
- Hands-on experience working with Windows (Server) environments specifically: Windows 2012 R2;
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Ability to absorb new ideas and concepts quickly.
- Good analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to conduct research into software development and delivery concepts, as well as technical application issues.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Very strong customer service orientation.
- Excellent written, oral, interpersonal, and presentational skills.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Occasional local travel between clinic locations required.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and to handle other computer components.
The above job description is intended to communicate the general function of the mentioned position and by no means shall be considered an exhaustive or complete outline of the specific tasks and functions that will be required. CEI reserves the right to change job descriptions, site assignments, and or work hours as required by the needs of the program. All employees are expected to perform their duties within their ability as required by the job and/or as requested by management.
SUPERVISED BY: Enterprise Application Manager
POSITION SUPERVISES: None
Center for Elders’ Independence is a PACE (Program of All- Inclusive Care for the Elderly) organization that uses an interdisciplinary team approach to care planning and care implementation for the purpose of providing high quality, affordable, integrated health care services to the elderly, including an Adult Day Health Center, and promoting autonomy, quality of life and the ability of individuals to live in their communities. Unlike other healthcare plans, CEI is not a "fee-for-service" plan. It is a a “capitation” healthcare plan. CEI is paid a set amount for each person enrolled in our program, whether or not that individual seeks care. We are a growing company that offers stability and continues to thrive.