Strategic Pricing Manager
Join Team CARFAX as a Strategic Pricing Manager
Isn't it time you bragged about where you work? At CARFAX, we do, every day. We pride ourselves on being mission-focused on helping to grow a brand built on accuracy and integrity. We care deeply about our products and our customers. We’re more than just a company: We help millions of consumers make more-informed decisions every day. We know that our teammates are our most valuable asset, and we value a balanced life while tackling challenging projects in a fast-paced environment. One last thing: Our four-day week continues in Summer 2023!
The Strategic Pricing Manager will work closely with Sales, Marketing, and Finance to drive best in class commercial excellence for CARFAX within its Dealer Business Unit. Ensuring the execution of pricing strategy across promotions, new product launches, core products while achieving business goals, this is a key role for CARFAX and contributes directly to our success.
This role is work from home until the opening of our Toronto, ON office, at which time there will be an in-office expectation of 3 days per week, subject to change based on future business needs.
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop modeling and go-to-market offers for new product launches
- Perform independent pricing analysis to support key revenue growth initiatives
- Manage quarterly promotional calendar. Work closely with Sales, Marketing, and Finance to measure and optimize return on investment
- Partner with Sales Management, Product Marketing, and Finance to ensure integrated profit maximizing approach to market with price strategy
- Team lead for pricing analytics at CARFAX
- Present strategic insights from analysis to key business stakeholders
What we’re looking for:
- 10+ years of business analytics experience with 3+ years full-time work experience in an analytical role focused on pricing and promotions
- BS in Finance, Mathematics, Economics, or related field.
- Strong communication skills and ability to articulate insights based on complex data analysis.
- Advanced Excel skills (Pivot Tables, vlookups, conditiional sums etc.)
- Advanced proficiency querying databases using SQL
- Experience working on B2B subscription products desired, but not required.
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive compensation, benefits and generous time-off policies
- 4-Day summer work weeks and a winter holiday break
- 401(k) / DCPP matching
- Annual bonus program
- Casual, dog-friendly, and innovative office spaces
Don’t just take our word for it:
- 10X Virginia Business Best Places to Work
- 9X Washingtonian Great Places to Work
- 9X Washington Post Top Workplace
- Louis Post-Dispatch Best Places to Work
CARFAX, part of S&P Global Mobility, helps millions of people every day confidently shop, buy, service and sell used cars with innovative solutions powered by CARFAX vehicle history information. The expert in vehicle history since 1984, CARFAX provides exclusive services like CARFAX Used Car Listings, CARFAX Car Care, CARFAX History-Based Value and the flagship CARFAX® Vehicle History Report™ to consumers and the automotive industry. CARFAX owns the world’s largest vehicle history database and is nationally recognized as a top workplace by The Washington Post and Glassdoor.com. Shop, Buy, Service, Sell – Show me the CARFAX™. S&P Global Mobility is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI). S&P Global is the world’s foremost provider of credit ratings, benchmarks, analytics and workflow solutions in the global capital, commodity and automotive markets.
CARFAX is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of CARFAX to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of race, color, sex, pregnancy, religion, national origin, age, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, disability or handicap, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, CARFAX will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. We are a participant in E-Verify.