Observability Site Reliability Engineer
Join Team CARFAX as an Observability Site Reliability Engineer (SRE)
Isn't it time you bragged about where you work? At CARFAX, we do, every day. We pride ourselves on being mission-focused on helping to grow a brand built on accuracy and integrity. We care deeply about our products and our customers. We’re more than just a company: We help millions of consumers make more informed decisions every day. We know that our teammates are our most valuable asset, and we value a balanced life while tackling challenging projects in a fast-paced environment. One last thing: Our four-day week continues in Summer 2023!
This role has an expectation of 2 days in the office per week, subject to change based on future business needs.
What you'll be doing:
- Maintain the observability tool stack used by teams throughout CARFAX to see into their applications.
- Work in a dynamic, agile, team environment helping keep CARFAX’s key applications up and running.
- Help teams design and build reliable and resilient applications in the cloud.
- Respond to major incidents. Help teams troubleshoot their products and restore service.
- Collaborate closely with DevOps and engineering teams to implement observability best practices
- Reduce toil by creating observability automation that can be reused across our teams
- Continuously analyze and evaluate our systems, products, and process for potential improvements
What we're looking for:
- Three or more years of experience with observability solutions.
- Experience with our tech stack: AWS (EKS), Prometheus / Grafana, Terraform / Consul / Vault, NodeJS / GoLang, Java.
- Experience with the following:
- Application Performance Monitoring: experience using tools like New Relic, Data Dog, or AppDynamics
- Log management: experience operating Elasticsearch clusters and implementing the ELK stack
- Monitoring and alerting: experience analyzing applications and infrastructure and determining the right type of monitoring and alerting.
- Strong believer in automate everything and reducing toil for yourself and teammates
- Ability to troubleshoot complex systems and help resolve major incidents
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive compensation, benefits and generous time-off policies
- 4-Day summer work weeks and a winter holiday break
- 401(k)/DCPP matching
- Annual bonus program
- Casual, dog-friendly, and innovative office spaces
Don’t just take our word for it:
- 10X Virginia Business Best Places to Work
- 9X Washingtonian Great Places to Work
- 9X Washington Post Top Workplace
- St. Louis Post-Dispatch Best Places to Work
CARFAX, part of S&P Global Mobility, helps millions of people every day confidently shop, buy, service and sell used cars with innovative solutions powered by CARFAX vehicle history information. The expert in vehicle history since 1984, CARFAX provides exclusive services like CARFAX Used Car Listings, CARFAX Car Care, CARFAX History-Based Value and the flagship CARFAX® Vehicle History Report™ to consumers and the automotive industry. CARFAX owns the world’s largest vehicle history database and is nationally recognized as a top workplace by The Washington Post and Glassdoor.com. Shop, Buy, Service, Sell – Show me the CARFAX™. S&P Global Mobility is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI). S&P Global is the world’s foremost provider of credit ratings, benchmarks, analytics and workflow solutions in the global capital, commodity and automotive markets.
CARFAX is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of CARFAX to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of race, color, sex, pregnancy, religion, national origin, age, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, disability or handicap, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, CARFAX will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. We are a participant in E-Verify.