Senior Character Artist
Playground Games is seeking a Senior Character Artist who will be responsible for creating a diverse variety of characters, realising the vision for our open world action RPG project, Fable.
You’ll of course be familiar with industry standard software packages such as 3DSMax or Maya, as well as having extensive experience with Mudbox or ZBrush. Your knowledge of human anatomy will be well developed and you’ll have a good level of understanding on best practices to suit animation needs and engine requirements.
As Senior Character Artist you’ll also have experience in the technical aspects of your craft, including materials, asset optimisation and the creation of meshes with clean and functional topology, as well as being comfortable communicating with technical departments.
· Portfolio demonstrating real time character art work to very high standard
· Strong understanding and demonstration of human anatomy and proportions
· Established character production workflows such as creating clean deformable topology, efficient UV mapping and baking, texturing, and cloth creation techniques
· A good understanding of technical considerations for character creation, with the ability to communicate with technical team members
· A self-motivated team player, with good communication skills
· Ideally experience on shipped AAA game projects
· Traditional art foundation
· Passion for playing games
· Experience with cloth simulation setup
· Experience with blendshape creation workflows