Associate Design Director
Playground Games is looking for an Associate Design Director to join our Fable team on a permanent basis.
As a first-party Xbox Game Studio, we are passionate about making genre-defining games that are accessible, beautiful, and, most of all, fun. We are excited to be rebooting the much-loved Fable franchise and are expanding our diverse team to create a new classic in the action RPG genre.
About the role:
As an Associate Design Director, you will be working with both the internal development team and external studios to deliver features and systems to the highest standard. Our ideal candidate is a strong Associate Design Director, or an expert Design Lead with substantial experience, who is passionate about their craft, skilled in design, top-down thinking, planning and organisation, and collaboration, and has the track record to prove it.
This is a permanent role based at our state-of-the-art facilities in Royal Leamington Spa, with a hybrid work model in place. Relocation assistance is available if required.
What you’ll do:
- Assist the Game Directors and Design Director in delivering features and systems to the highest standards.
- Form strong, trusting relationships with external studios to maintain understanding of project direction while taking responsibility for completion of deliverables.
- Help drive the organisation and processes of design disciplines in collaboration with the Design Director.
What you’ll bring:
- Significant design leadership experience, with a track record on at least 2 published titles (ideally AAA).
- An ability to develop lasting and productive relationships in a collaborative team with diverse perspectives.
- An ability to work autonomously with little management overhead.
- A genuine passion for video games.
This is a fantastic opportunity to make world-class games with an established, talented, and collaborative team at one of the industry’s most exciting first-party game studios.
Playground Games is an equal opportunities studio and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply.